Old 09-04-2013, 10:33 PM
TE official

That's ok, Didi. If at some point you decide to join, we would be very happy

Thanks!
Old 09-04-2013, 11:42 PM
TE Expert

Smile Perhaps later for Wiki

Hi Aleksandra
I am here in TE since 10 years and I realised that many old members are gone for other sites.

After my holidays I'll be busy for some important private projects
I will continious to post in TE only
I give you my advice about Wikitravel
I don't see there any forum and relationship between users in opposite of TE, Fotopedia, Photofolia, ... etc, I need contacts, discussions
I like very much the design of Fotopedia, a very attractive site

http://fr.fotopedia.com/reporter/featured

Kind regards

سعيد
Old 09-05-2013, 12:58 AM
TE official

Thanks, Didi, for your reply! I hope you enjoyed your holidays Where did you go? Would be great to see some pictures soon

On Wikitravel we have a Traveller's Pub where users can discuss issues, doubts or simply communicate with each other. Also, you can discuss more specific topics on the article Talk Pages so for example on the Talk Page of Barcelona article, users might discuss everything related to Barcelona.
Also, if you want talk to an individual user, you can leave him/ her a note on his/her Talk Page.
The structure is slightly different then on TE or Fotopedia but we do have ways to communicate on Wikitravel

All the best!
Old 09-05-2013, 10:43 AM
TE Expert

Default Holidays

Hi
No I am leaving friday not far from Narbonne for one month without possibility to connect in the Net
Thanks
Warm regards

سعيد
Old 09-05-2013, 07:16 PM
TE official

How nice! I used to live for a short while in Bezier and Valras Plage, close to Narbonne I loved it there! Safe travels!
Old 09-05-2013, 10:25 PM
TE Expert

Talking That's great

Hi I will be in Gruissan close to Narbonne plage for one month
Iknow well this area between Perpignan and les Saintes Maries de la mer
I always travel in september in the quiet season
You should post some pictures in TE
Warm regards

سعيد
Old 10-27-2013, 01:38 AM
TE Expert

Default Wiki Users

Hi Aleks
It's possible please to found a page about Wikitravel users ? There is no links ?
It's complicated to navigate there for searching pictures or users list, Trekearth is more simple
Thanks
Kind regards

سعيد

Last edited by Didi; 10-27-2013 at 01:44 AM.
Old 10-28-2013, 08:06 PM
TE official

Hey Didi! Good question!
Yes, Wikitravel works slightly different than TrekEarth but you can get all that information. Let me explain everything.

Wikitravel Shared is a central coordination point for all our files (images, maps). Here you can see all the pictures that users upload. User list (http://wikitravel.org/shared/Special:ListUsers) will show you all the people who contributed here. You can check individual user's contributions by clicking "contrib" or by using this tool (http://wikitravel.org/wiki/shared/in...year=&month=-1).
Here (http://wikitravel.org/shared/Special:NewFiles) you have a gallery of new files. You can see thumbnails of the pictures, their names and users who uploaded the picture. Additionally, this tool (http://wikitravel.org/shared/Special...searchx=Search) will let you search different files that have been uploaded to Wikitravel Shared since the beginning.

Wikitravel (http://wikitravel.org) is our travel guide where you can read articles about different destinations. The articles have pictures to make our guides more attractive. Everybody likes to read and also see pictures for the places we describe in our guides. The pictures added to the articles are taken from Wikitravel Shared, our repository.

Users need to set up 2 separate accounts for Wikitravel and Wikitravel Shared (the name can stay the same).

Please let me know if there is anything more you would like me to explain.

Warm regards, Alex
Old 10-28-2013, 10:04 PM
TE Expert

Smile Brainstorm in Wiki

Hi Aleks
Thanks for your answer it was really kind from you
But I feel a little lost in Wiki
Please don't be upset if I give you my advice
Sincerlly I prefer Trekearth, Flckr and Fotopedia reporter section and the new Photofolia
it is much easier to navigate inside, and the most important for me is to be in contact with the users
I am in TE since july 2003, I met some wonderful people which I had good souvenir by sharing our pictures
We shared our opinions, I was very happy to receive and give advice on the art of photography.
I can even certify you that some former members of TE have become professionals and ten years ago, they were beginners in this domain
You can compare their first pictures from the last posted.
Their evolution is very real.
You can see on Facebook that some present their works in photographic exhibition

I won two years ago a contest organized by the French television and UNESCO
And this thanks to TE

http://www.trekearth.com/viewphotos.php?l=8&p=1038019
I wish you my kind regards

سعيد

Last edited by Didi; 10-28-2013 at 10:51 PM.
Old 10-29-2013, 01:21 AM
TE official

Congratulations Didi! Your award is very impressive!

Thank you for your honest opinion. I really appreciate it. The thing is that Wikitravel community is very different than TrekEarth. Both sites are great however they have different goals. The goal on Wikitravel is to write and share travel knowledge with the others. When you want to travel somewhere, you usually ask people for recommendations for different restaurants, hotels or things to see. That's what we do on Wikitravel- we talk about it and create really helpful travel guides. I used Wikitravel several times during my travels and I truly believe this is a great source of information. Please try it yourself, you will see how helpful the site can be.

The problem we are facing on Wikitravel is that most of us don't want to read long articles that don't have any pictures. Pictures make our guides better, more interesting and more colorful Just have a look here http://wikitravel.org/en/Sydney#See.

That's where I saw a really nice connection between those two great sites I believe in cooperation and I think that Wikitravel and TrekEarth can support each other.

What I would need the most now are TrekEarth users who would believe in this idea. I'm here to help and make things easier for everybody in this community. Therefore, Didi, it would be great if you could help me with that.

My warmest regards,
Alex