Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Travel

Notices

Old 07-03-2009, 10:16 PM
TE Newbie

Default Best Photo Destinations in the Himalaya??

I am looking for advice on the best scenery and most authentic cultural areas for a trip in the Himalayas from the beginning of October to the end of November. I have done half of of the Annapurna circuit in February of 1981, and more recently portions of the Indian Himalaya (including Hemkund and Badrinath), and the approach to Kangchenjunga in Sikkim. My assumption is that I should do the Everest Base Camp trek but I'm looking for less touristed additions. The Rolwaling Valley has been suggested. Is the scenery of the Langtang trek as glorious as the more famous trails? Is there some place special you would recommend? Side valleys? (If you don't want to spoil it with popularity you can go to www.pagephotos.com and decide whether I am worthy...)
I'd like to see some festivals or religious rituals too. Mani Rimdu at Tengboche monastery seems an excellent choice... any advice about that? How about Bibaha Panchami in Janakpur? Something else?
Or should I change my brain and go to places like Spiti or Keylong in India?
Old 08-03-2009, 11:28 AM
TE Newbie

Default Re: Best Photo Destinations in the Himalaya??

Hi David,
I have lived in the Kulu valley of Himachal Pradesh for over 30 years and know the Western Himalaya very well. I did also the langtang trek but that was over 25yrs ago and yes the scenery was/is! glorious but of course you do not have that panorama of 8000m mts towering over you. There is a great trek from the Parvati valley over the Pin/Parvati pass in to Spiti, that is best done after the monsoon , ie OCT.I love Ladakh/Zanskar but Oct Nov is getting too cold and the likelihood of snow on the high passes means that you may have difficulty finding a horse wallah that would be willing to undertake a lengthy trek at that time. You may like to look at some images of this area at:- www.pbase.com/asiatramp
Old 04-22-2013, 03:03 PM
TE Newbie

Smile leh ladakh

some parts of leh ladakh like nubra valley, pangong lake, changthang regions provide some amazing landscape photography opportunities. If you will drive from ladakh- manali highway on the way you will get to see some amazing places like sarchu, keylong, jispa, spiti, khardungla these higher Himalayan regions are meant solely for adventure & photography, for more information on these Himalayan regions please visit kashmir ladakh travel
Old 06-05-2013, 04:36 AM
TE Newbie

Default Travel with Google

Get close to in an unknown city with directions for public and individual transportation, along with biking and walking routes. See estimated time and even cost of travel all on 1 screen. You may plan your trip and get one of the most out of your journey with Google effortless to use tools.

Last edited by Porteplume; 06-05-2013 at 07:09 AM.
Old 06-28-2013, 01:25 PM
TE Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kashmir-ladakh View Post
some parts of leh ladakh like nubra valley, pangong lake, changthang regions provide some amazing landscape photography opportunities. If you will drive from ladakh- manali highway on the way you will get to see some amazing places like sarchu, keylong, jispa, spiti, khardungla these higher Himalayan regions are meant solely for adventure & photography, for more information on these Himalayan regions please visit kashmir ladakh travel
Yes lah is wonderful place for photography.

Last edited by Porteplume; 07-01-2013 at 09:30 AM.
Old 10-21-2013, 12:08 PM
TE Newbie

Default Best Photo Destinations in the Himalaya??

Shimla, Manali, Leh Ladakh, Darjeeling Gangtok, Srinagar is the very beautiful place for the photography.

Visit website for the more information