Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great EstudioChispa 2013-08-13 11:50

Gregory...

First, I still think your profile may be the best at TE. And yes, Coke>Pepsi and Chevy>Ford, but those others, we may need to debate... ;-)

I've been learning to spot the use of ND filters from some of the folks here, so may I ask whether you used one here? My half-knowledgeable estimation is that a full second at f/20 with a very slow ASA would not leave any light to need a filter to sop up. Also, something that has saturated these colors most wonderfully. Maybe Canon>Nikon after all... ;-)

Finally -- is the pavement wet? Nice touch!

Best regards,

Russ
Austin, Texas

Old 08-13-2013, 08:25 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To EstudioChispa: Steak 'n Shake

Hello Russ:

This is actually a combination of 2 photos, no filters used. I locked the camera on a tripod and used various exposures to get the sky right in one shot and the building right in another. The pavement is not wet but I did brighten up the highlights in the pavement to keep it from going too dark. Finally, I use Photoshop plug-ins from Topaz Labs to enhance the photos.

Greetings from Florida....................Greg
Old 08-13-2013, 09:08 PM
TE Senior Member

Thank you for revealing the secret -- a two-shot HDR composition! HDR fascinates me -- but I have not been sufficiently patient to give it a serious try. I have read that -- in the near future! -- the camera will do this for us (i.e., multiple exposures at different settings in the blink of an eye with one push of the shutter). We'll see...

Best,

Russ
Austin, Texas