Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > General

Notices

Old 07-15-2013, 10:27 PM
TE Newbie

Default Stolen photo

hi all!
one advertisement company used one of the photos i have here on TE and printed thousands of flyers about a camping. i am from the same country. is there anything i can do?
Old 07-16-2013, 06:23 AM
TE Newbie

Default stolen photo

This is a breach of copyright unfortunately. I'd be pretty angry about it because it's not only illegal, it's just rude
If it were me I'd send the company an invoice, charge them for using your photo. But perhaps you'd like to get a bit of legal advice first.
Also, in the future, consider putting a watermark on your image, I presume TE will allow that.
Good luck.
Karen
Old 07-16-2013, 07:06 AM
TE Expert

Default Nope

Hi all
It's possible to remove a watermark

http://fr.trekearth.com/compare.php?...36&wpid=200456

سعيد
Old 08-14-2013, 04:23 AM
TE Senior Member

Default depends

The chance that you will get some money is small.
If you really want to . . . or maybe because of the principal, the best way is to have a lawyer write a letter, stating you are his/her client, and they propose to settle for an x amount. Since the amount will be small, the lawyer will keep the money Check with the lawyer if you write the agency, the camping, or both.

The camping might be legally also liable, it depends on the country and the contract.

Second, you can contact them directly (both the agency and the camping), call them, have a normal talk, and then get your money . . . or not. You can figure out if he is member of a advertizing organization, or maybe a chamber of commerce, and write them.

Advertising agencies come in all sizes, bigger ones do not make these mistakes, smaller ones have a sort of cowboy mentality. When people hear the word agency, they think it is a big agency with a nice office. I don't think a camping would hire them . . .

Posting on-line means your photo can be stolen, so far, people contacted me usually, but the only thing you can do is post in a low resolution, or don't post. Even low resolution photos can be used, so it's not a fail safe solution.

David