Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Forum Feedback and Support

Notices

Old 06-15-2013, 06:57 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Porteplume
Default BugGGGGG!

Hello everyone,

I'm sorry but it looks like we have an upload problem here. It seems that the uploaded pictures are not completely showed. It must be because the allowed dimensions of the photos have been changed a couple of days ago.

We will have to wait till next Monday to the Tech Team can work on it...

Amicalement - Viviane / TE Moderator
Old 06-15-2013, 07:40 PM

I think it only affects images which have been posted using the new size limits. Strangely, the Upload page states max file size of 500k but the one I looked at showed as nearly 1mb in the info. Maybe that has something to do with it.
Old 06-17-2013, 07:23 PM
TE Expert

Default Uploads at new size limit...........

Hello Keith and Viviane,

Oh, dear, having been attracted by the idea of larger pixel dimensions and a larger file size for uploads, I thought I'd give it a shot today and uploaded this picture. The image is only 1200 pixels wide (I thought I would start off with a "modest" increase over the previous 800 pixel limit) and the file size is around 450KB, certainly well below the 500 KB limit.

But, unfortunately, and as others have found, although the thumnail shows the whole image, the full-size version is missing its right third! I have, therefore, had to add a smaller (800 pixels wide) image as a workshop. Yes, the full-size version is visible in the older "beta" version of TE but you have to "scroll" from one side to the other to see it in its entirety. That option does not seem to exist in the newer, current version of TE.

Hopefully the technical gurus will be able to work out a "fix" for this, but I should have thought it would have been reasonable to make sure that the process would actually work properly before changing the upload limits.

Kind Regards,

John.
Old 06-17-2013, 07:24 PM
Retired admin. Please direct issues to IBobi.

The tech team is looking into this as we speak. Hopefully it will be solved soon. Thank you.
Old 06-18-2013, 10:10 PM
Administrator

Well... we can talk about this now, because the tech team is trying to fix the display issue.

We're trying to add to the max file size limit so that photographers will have greater opportunities to share their work from TE *if they wish* (it would be entirely voluntary). Some sites require larger file sizes.

My understanding was that the reason the file size was set relatively small was due to past performance issues -- but now bandwidth and storage are not nearly so restrictive.

Again, I apologize for the way this has been handled. It was not my intention to just turn it on without feedback from the community.

Paul
Old 06-20-2013, 10:47 AM
TE Expert

Default Thank you!

Dear All,

Thank you all - administrators and moderators - because the "bug" now appears to have been fixed and I can now see my last picture (uploaded at 1200 pixels wide) in its entirety!

Kind Regards,

John.
Old 06-21-2013, 01:51 PM
TE Senior Member

Default size

I just uploaded a photo this morning of 1200 x 800 pixel.

When I opened the photo on TE it does not give that size, I checked and the size displayed : 790 x 527

It seem there is a small problem.
Old 06-21-2013, 07:00 PM
Retired admin. Please direct issues to IBobi.

The image is always resized to fit into the small presentation window. It just allows a huge upload now. We are still exploring how to make the most of this upgrade so this capability might still be improved (as the software allows).