Forums


Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Forum Feedback and Support

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-24-2013, 01:43 PM
fabbs99 fabbs99 is offline
TE Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 14
Smile Critique ability will be enabled: 2013-04-30 0:00

MY QUERY TO TE ADMINISTRATOR AS TO WHY MY CRITIQUE ABILITY HAS BEEN SUSPENDED TILL 30TH OF APRIL....WHY CANT PUT UP A THREAD ON THE FORUM ... GUYS ANY PROBLEM WITH ME ???

Critique ability will be enabled: 2013-04-30 0:00

Regds Farhat
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-24-2013, 03:40 PM
Porteplume's Avatar
Porteplume Porteplume is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Tholen - Holland
Posts: 5,879
Send a message via Skype™ to Porteplume
Default

Hi Farhat,

Your thread is on the wrong forum, it should be on General Forum or Support Forum but... In fact your thread should be nowhere because I don't understand your request...

What is the problem? Did you ever read the TOS?

You critique ability has been suspended for ONE week, what is VERY little against the whole list of "Copied & Pasted" critiques -

http://www.trekearth.com/critiques.php?filter=fabbs99

Kind regards,

Viviane

PS: I'll now move this thread to "Support"
__________________
Amicalement...
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-24-2013, 04:47 PM
fabbs99 fabbs99 is offline
TE Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 14
Red face Hello portplume !!!

Hi Portplume,

I think its very much unfair to suspend MY CRITIQUE ABILITY for one week when I had similar critiques for several images .At least I could have been intimated about your intentions or you could have have sent me a post regarding your understanding of the matter.I find your action highly objectionable. This is how many TE contributors are forced to leave the site for the highhandedness of site moderartor. When you filter you hardly know what to keep and and what to exclude. Images of goddamn doors and windows as well as close up shots of flowers are filled in your site uploaded by many contributors - then you hardly take any action.

what kind of images are these :
http://beta.trekearth.com/gallery/photo22996.htm
http://beta.trekearth.com/gallery/photo396238.htm
http://beta.trekearth.com/gallery/photo1415788.htm
http://beta.trekearth.com/gallery/photo1415696.htm
http://beta.trekearth.com/gallery/photo1415268.htm

Certain types of photos are prohibited on TrekEarth and will be removed:
Nude photographs unless the nudity is intrinsically related to an event such as a regional festival, daily living, or the like.
Photographs of family, friends, or pets (not only one's own).
Self-portraits, photos of your own reflection or own shadow.
Studio-like, set-up or posed photos.
Closeups of any flowers of plants, water droplets, toothbrushes etc. are not allowed.

I believe TE is a good site for amateur photographers and for this site to flourish the moderators need not be autocratic ,arbitrary and puritanical; rather they should understand that this site is specifically meant for travel images and not for personal shots of flowers and colorful doors and windows.If the moderators are not fit for their job they should be immediately shown the door else TE may lose its glory and end up losing its major contributors.

Regards
Farhat

PS : If TE does not express any consideration on the matter I may be forced to say quits very soon.

Last edited by fabbs99; 04-24-2013 at 05:57 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-25-2013, 08:57 AM
Porteplume's Avatar
Porteplume Porteplume is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Tholen - Holland
Posts: 5,879
Send a message via Skype™ to Porteplume
Default Critques copied & pasted

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabbs99 View Post
I think its very much unfair to suspend MY CRITIQUE ABILITY for one week when I had similar critiques for several images .At least I could have been intimated about your intentions or you could have have sent me a post regarding your understanding of the matter.I find your action highly objectionable.
Every member is asked to read the TOS. If you have read it you should have known that "copied & pasted" critiques are not allowed.


Quote:
Images of goddamn (?) doors and windows as well as close up shots of flowers are filled in your site uploaded by many contributors - then you hardly take any action.

what kind of images are these :
http://beta.trekearth.com/gallery/photo22996.htm
Photo from 2003, at the time TL wasn't created yet and the TOS allowed that kind of photos.This photo is uploaded too long ago to be inactivated.Butterflies are allowed by TOSNote is absolutely sufficient.This "Moss" is not a flower but a fungus, allowed by TOS when in its natural environment...
Quote:

Certain types of photos are prohibited on TrekEarth and will be removed:
Nude photographs unless the nudity is intrinsically related to an event such as a regional festival, daily living, or the like.
Photographs of family, friends, or pets (not only one's own).
Self-portraits, photos of your own reflection or own shadow.
Studio-like, set-up or posed photos.
Closeups of any flowers of plants, water droplets, toothbrushes etc. are not allowed.
You are a guest here, behave as a guest...
__________________
Amicalement...
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:06 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.


explore TREKEARTH