Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Forum Feedback and Support

Notices

Old 04-22-2013, 09:29 PM
TE Newbie

Default -Unacceptable Note

Dear TE Members & TE Team

Recently I received an email about a delete one of my photos.The reason is -Unacceptable Note.Does anybody know what this may mean.I replied to the mail,but NEVER received response!

Thank you in advance
Chris Vekris
Old 04-22-2013, 09:53 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Porteplume

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisvek View Post
Dear TE Members & TE Team

Recently I received an email about a delete one of my photos.The reason is -Unacceptable Note.Does anybody know what this may mean.
Hi Chris,

Your photo have been inactivated as it seems to be completely "Copied & Pasted" from Wikipedia, this is not allowed by the Terms of Service and you will have to change your note.

If you carefully read the TOS you should see that a good note must contain at least a few lines of your own, like where? when? what? why? In short, the reasons why you took the photo and/or why you chose to post it on TrekEarth.

Also you may add a rather short text from the WEB but only if you mention the name + URL of the web site you copied from. Text which is not attributed to another web site is not allowed in a note.

Quote:
I replied to the mail,but NEVER received response!

Thank you in advance
Chris Vekris
NEVER?

Your photo has been inactivated yesterday, the reply to that mail just came in tonight, how soon did you expect a response?

Kind regards,

Viviane - TE Moderator

Last edited by Porteplume; 04-22-2013 at 09:59 PM.
Old 04-22-2013, 10:24 PM
TE Newbie

Hi Viviane,

Your photo have been inactivated as it seems to be completely "Copied & Pasted" from Wikipedia, this is not allowed by the Terms of Service and you will have to change your note.

in the past I had used text from that site,and never experienced a problem.Anyway from my small knowledge, I do not think in photographic site used something like "H.R.S",but I accept it.

If you carefully read the TOS you should see that a good note must contain at least a few lines of your own, like where? when? what? why?

Because of the difficulty of expression of speech is considered more appropriate to mention two or three details for the location, history etc, despite soliloquize.

In short, the reasons why you took the photo and/or why you chose to post it on TrekEarth.

Also you may add a rather short text from the WEB but only if you mention the name + URL of the web site you copied from. Text which is not attributed to another web site is not allowed in a note.

So no need to note.Only the url(from wiki) with copy paste!

NEVER?

Your photo has been inactivated yesterday, the reply to that mail just came in tonight, how soon did you expect a response?

I made my post about 3days ago!If I hadn't make THIS post,I would not get an answer.

By the way I respect very much ΤΕ website and it is among the very few sites that upload photos.But having discussed with people who are no longer members might have to "consider" the reasons that "drove" members!

Thank you
Chris

Last edited by chrisvek; 04-22-2013 at 10:26 PM.
Old 04-23-2013, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisvek View Post
I made my post about 3days ago!If I hadn't make THIS post,I would not get an answer.
Chris, a photo is not always removed on the day it is uploaded. Your request to challenge the removal was received by Moderators today, Tuesday 23 April.

Quote:
By the way I respect very much ΤΕ website and it is among the very few sites that upload photos.But having discussed with people who are no longer members might have to "consider" the reasons that "drove" members!
That's a big 'But'. What does it have to do with the subject of this thread, or the fact that your very long 'note' did not have one word of your own text in it, or an acknowledgment of the source?
Old 04-23-2013, 05:10 PM
TE Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macondo View Post
Chris, a photo is not always removed on the day it is uploaded. Your request to challenge the removal was received by Moderators today, Tuesday 23 April.

You now as better!

That's a big 'But'. What does it have to do with the subject of this thread, or the fact that your very long 'note' did not have one word of your own text in it, or an acknowledgment of the source?
Ok!Let me know what I must do for my mistake!
Old 04-23-2013, 05:27 PM

Hi Chris,

If you send us - via the mail you have got - a correct note as described by TOS, then we will re-edit your note and re-instate your photo.
Then the case is closed...

Friendly greetings - Viviane
Old 04-23-2013, 07:02 PM
TE Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porteplume View Post
Hi Chris,

If you send us - via the mail you have got - a correct note as described by TOS, then we will re-edit your note and re-instate your photo.
Then the case is closed...

Friendly greetings - Viviane
Can't answer on your e-mail.Blocked by the system.I will try again
Old 04-23-2013, 07:04 PM

You also may send it to me...

Viviane