Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > General

Notices

Old 11-01-2012, 02:08 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Thanks..!

Thanks to the mods for attacking me, showing exactly what is my point: The site is run by some arrogant xxxxxs who don’t seem to get along well with the real world. No names mentioned, you yourself know who you are. And most members do too, I might add.

Face it, trek sites are on a steep downward dive and you are the ones to blame!

And since I have left the building, you can safely continue attacking me…

By the way – does the site owner know what you are up to??
Old 11-01-2012, 07:31 PM
TE Senior Member

Default Qui n'avance pas ...

Qui n'avance pas , recule !

On ne peut pas vraiment dire que la conception de TE soit attrayante pour les membres , il y quelques années que ce site existe où rien n'évolue.

C'est d'autant plus inquiètant que les modos se complaisent du fait que moins de posts par jour facilite la lecture et par-là même le temps a passer pour faire ses commentaires .

Moins de photos postées veut dire , aussi , moins de belles photos a commenter , EVIDEMMENT !

Chers modérateurs , arrêtez de vous reposer sur vos lauriers et faites , enfin , évoluer TE dans le bon sens .

TE le mérite .
Old 11-01-2012, 08:45 PM
TE Expert

Exclamation Its possible in FB

Quote:
Originally Posted by smarcell View Post
An easy thing to implement could be to make TE more web2.0
For eample allowing each image or gallery to be linked to facebook.
Is it possible ? Then one could share his photo with a facebook community and spread his image around to a wider audience.

Stefano
Hi Stephano
It's possible to share your pictures in Facebook I do it very often
Cheers

سعيد
Old 11-01-2012, 09:11 PM
TE Junior Member

Default facebook

You are right, Didi, I don't know how I could not see it on the screen !
Maybe I need some new glasses...
Stefano
Old 11-01-2012, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablominto View Post
Thanks to the mods for attacking me, showing exactly what is my point: The site is run by some arrogant xxxxxs who don’t seem to get along well with the real world. No names mentioned, you yourself know who you are. And most members do too, I might add.

Face it, trek sites are on a steep downward dive and you are the ones to blame!

And since I have left the building, you can safely continue attacking me…

By the way – does the site owner know what you are up to??
At no point in this discussion has any individual been picked out or picked on. There is a saying in English "If the cap fits, wear it". If individuals believe they can identify themselves in the attitudes and behaviours mentioned then so be it. Some members do seem to leave through revolving doors don't they?

I for one have no problem in accepting responsibilities for my actions both as a mod here and in the real world. The actions of the mods are obviously visible to the owners of the site and as mods we are following their instruction, not the other way round.

The administrators do see what is being posted and may or may not act on suggestions put forward by the members. The mods most certainly do not have control over the direction of the site.
Old 11-01-2012, 09:47 PM
TE Expert

Post Slowing Down

Hi All

Gee Malgo, those are some interesting numbers but my God you must have a lot of time on your hands to even consider them Good for you and you;ve raised an interesdting point.

As others have said, 5000 odd photos a month is well and truly enough for me. Ín fact, someone not long ago wrote in and said that they were leaving the site because there were too many photos and his were being lost amongst them.

The fact that the numbers have decreased is obvious. As everyone has pointed out, when TE started there were not many photographic websites. Now there are so many, the mind boggles. So where there is more choice, of course the numbers will thin out depending on what it is from the site that a person requires.

I love TE, I still think it is unique and offers a sense of community in a way that no other photo site offers. I'm also a member of Photofolio, am not "disgruntled" and joined it to keep in touch with alot of those members who moved there and to enjoy the extremely high quality of photos that are uploaded there. Like TE, it has it's own (many) positive points and also a few negatives. BUt they are both valid sites.

I also think the moderators do a great job - free of charge. They readily line up to do a job for the love of it, and in the process are on the receiving end of criticism that is often unreasonable and usually mis-directed. An example the other day was when someone criticised them for the resolution and colour distortion of their photos! I agree with Stefano, people threatening to leave the site over a photo being deleted is pure childishness. Actually, it's embarassing to see adults carry on like children.

As for the "more honest critiques". That may be true, but it ignores a simple rule of human nature: we do not accept criticism easily. This is not particular to TE, it's everywhere. There are people who want or accept criticism and there are people who do not. Having been here long enough, I know who can and who cannot accept criticism on TE. I will therefore not waste my time by writing a detailed critique when I know it will offend them. This is not just a phoptographic site, it's a social site. It is the social part of it that keeps me here.

I also think it's interesting that some people have seen Malgo's thread as being a chance to take a free kick at TE and the mods. Frankly, I'm sick of it. Constructive criticism is good (thanks Stefano and Rosemary) but pure nastiness is unproductive. Grow up or go!

Well that's my 2 cents worth
Lisa
Old 11-02-2012, 04:52 AM
TE Senior Member

Thumbs up Ay...

Grow up or go! I second that!!
Old 11-02-2012, 09:52 AM
TE Junior Member

Default The real TE problem

This is for you australian guy, just to get things right, I did not leave TE because I had an image deleted, I’ve had many images removed up through the years and couldn’t care that much.

Maybe some of you remember the tsunami hitting northeast Japan some time ago, killing almost 20.000 people? One of our fellow TE members living in that area posted an image in memory of his fellow countrymen and neighbours, an image that was deleted by a TE moderator and she didn’t even understand what she had done…

Then I realized I was dealing with the lesser gifted here, and eventually left the site.

As I said, do continue attacking me if that makes you feel better! However the fact that I left TE has no bearings on the matter at hand, after all, my posting of an image per week was less than nothing in the larger picture.

So there must be another explanation for the steep decrease in activity, right? Like when several hundreds leave for the same reason and those who remain by habit publish less?

I don’t think the present team of moderators are the right persons to change the direction of development, not the least since you don’t even realize there is a problem. You are the cause not the solution, you remind me of… what is the name of the bird hiding its head in the sand..?

If you are the great guys you seem to think you are, you should step back for someone better qualified, someone able to motivate members and not harassing them, guys who don’t get high on own power… The trek system needs a thorough reorganizing, with new brushes all over. Unless it is already too late…

End of discussion as far as I’m concerned.

Last edited by pablominto; 11-02-2012 at 10:24 AM.
Old 11-02-2012, 10:49 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Porteplume

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablominto View Post
Maybe some of you remember the tsunami hitting northeast Japan some time ago, killing almost 20.000 people? One of our fellow TE members living in that area posted an image in memory of his fellow countrymen and neighbours, an image that was deleted by a TE moderator and she didn’t even understand what she had done…

Then I realized I was dealing with the lesser gifted here, and eventually left the site.
I'm the mod you're talking about and I'm wondering why you did not interfere in the discussion I opened at the time...
http://www.trekearth.com/forums/showthread.php?t=851863

And if you left TE at that time, what are you doing here today? It made me remember of a TOS rule on Photosig:

* Don't tell us you're leaving. If you post an announcement that you are leaving the site, it will be removed and your account will be suspended for 30 days. If you need to go, for whatever reason, just go. No need for a big show. That way, you will avoid embarrassment if you return.
Old 11-02-2012, 12:45 PM
TE Expert

I became a member when TE traffic was at its peak, with more than 20,000 pictures being posted each month. I became a member mainly because among those regular posters there were some really good photographers and I wanted to see how (if) they'd react to my shots.

Now, at 5,000 uploads per month, at least it is more manegeable to keep up. On the other hand, among those photographers who left, there are some really fine photographers and I must say I sometimes miss the quality of their work. I like the smaller community, but sometimes I wish for some more quality both in the pictures and in the critiques.

But then that is just up to us, isn't it?

Share your best shots, be honest in your critiques and welcoming to new members whose work looks promising, that's all there is to it.

PS for Pablominto: There's no point in slamming the door over and over and again. Go or stay, but don't keep slamming the door. That is just silly.

PS for the mods: Nobody's perfect.