Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great MJR 2012-05-11 3:55

Rosemary

Delightful.

Moody skies, a hint of sunshine ( thats all you're allowed in Skye !) and gorgeous scenery.

'Tis strange, but John, Tyro, only this morning introduced me to the word 'scavaig', meaning to wander in northern dialect, and here you present a view across Loch Scavaig.

There is some higher authority at work here , I do believe !

The little fishing boat makes for an extra point of interest in the LH stretch of water, though it scarcely needs it, what with the wind patterns 'n' all.

rgds
Martin

Old 05-11-2012, 11:01 AM
TE Expert

Default To MJR: Scavaig

Hello Martin - Funny that, I was wondering, when I was doing the note for this, what scavaig meant. Wander.... hmmm, I could wander across Skye for days and not nearly plumb its beauty. Funny too that you mentioned the boat, as I looked at it earlier I too thought the shot may be better without it. The water is so lovely. Any bluebells in your neck of the woods?

Take care
Rosemary
Old 05-11-2012, 10:30 PM
TE Junior Member

Default blue bells

Rosemary

Blue bells dont really grow up this way, well not around abouts leastways. I believe there is a wood 5miles or so, where there should be a good show, but you know how it is, it might as well be 500, for the chances of getting there. But, we are away down south again in a weeks time, more scavaiging, so I will see what I can find ..

rgds
Martin