Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great macondo 2012-05-11 1:22

Hello Harriet.
I thought it was time to drop by after a long absence. Of course, your photo is readily identifiable by its sky, the stream or canal, and the flat landscape. There's a strong perspective and a lovely carpet of Spring flowers, while the trees' branches show the first signs of new foliage. Simple but natural-looking capture of the Spring weather and mood. I like the lines you have quoted.
I read something about Schleswig the other day, but you know I can't remember what it was! Has it been in the German news? Something political, I think. A change in the wind?
Regards,
Andrew

Old 05-11-2012, 11:53 AM
TE Senior Member

Default To macondo: Change in the wind

Hi Andrew,
thank you for your kind words. I noticed that you have been absent for a while. I hope everything is all right in Melbourne?
You probably read about the German Chancellor Angela Merkel's desaster in Schleswig-Holstein, where her party suffered a setback in an election. (The party's troubles have prompted speculation about the stability of Merkel's government.) In my region the most likely is now an alliance between the Greens, the Social Democrats and the South Schleswig Party, representing the state's Danish minority. It will be the first time that the Danes will help forming a coalition government. My fellow countrymen are going to call this a revolution!
Have a nice weekend!
Warm regards
Harriet

Last edited by Kielia; 05-11-2012 at 11:56 AM.