Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great tyro 2012-04-24 12:50

Oh, Bev! What a picture! And what a subject!

A magnificent photograph of 71000, risen like a Phoenix against all odds and here seen in all her wondrous glory! A true testament to all who worked on the restoration and not only gave this fabulous machine another lease of life but also addressed several original design faults which reduced her originally planned performance. So now she runs better than she ever did and, ironically, she is now more powerful than the English Electric Type 4 diesel locomotives which replaced her in service!

But, oh, so sorry Bev, I digress. Your photograph is wonderful: perfectly composed and with the added human interest of spell-bound onlookers who also help give an impression of scale here. Glorious colours, good lighting and exceptional detail and sharpness.

Did this locomotive pull the train you boarded? And did you get any more pictures of her?

Absolutely Beautiful!

Kind Regards,

John.

Old 04-24-2012, 08:09 PM
TE Expert

Smile To tyro: Steam trains

Yes, John, I have a couple more of this train which I have not processed yet. They are quite similar to the one posted.
I think the train that we travelled in on was either the 6201 or 76079.

I have really enjoyed searching my archives.
When you take new shots, you tend to post those and then find real interest that has been left behind!

My warm regards,
Bev :-)