Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great batalay 2012-04-20 1:25

Hello Miro,

I am astonished that 490 individuals have viewed this photographed and only two of us have stopped to critique it. She is indeed a lovely young woman, but there is also a bit of social commentary, the ubiquitous mobile telephone. How did we do without them, and what is it doing to simple social interaction. I see my students leaving classes, and they have their mobile phones in hand instantly. They stand up in the middle of a class and go to a restroom, most likely because they've felt the vibration on their mobile phones, in silent mode," calling them with an urgent message. This is a good candidate for the group theme, Mobile Phones.

Regards,

Bulent

Old 04-20-2012, 09:36 AM
TE Newbie

Default To batalay: Lady from Panama

Hi Bulent,
thank you for your very interesting comment. I agree with you. Many times I'm thinking how happy we have been (and grown up) without mobile phones. I must admit that mobile phone is useful (especially in emergency situations) but today many people just misusing it and very often disturbing the neighborhood. For example in place like airport lounge, how often all the people have to hear loud explanations of guy (or lady) that he (or she) is just in XYZ and bla, bla, bla for 30 minutes or longer... but we can't change it.
Regards,
Miro