Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great Suppiluliuma 2012-04-09 21:59

A heaven for kids, it seems.

Geometric structure is reminiscent of the bees' honeycomb. The slope is tasty which gives the sense of movement. I wish the girl were situated slightly more upwards, within the triangle. Just a wish. :-)

TFS.

Ciao.

Erdem

Old 04-10-2012, 10:21 PM
TE Expert

Default To Suppiluliuma: re:

ciao erdem,
thanks for the comment and for the suggestion
this kind of pictures are always the result of some kind of compromise - at least for me. I took several shots of the kids here, some had the kids more at the top but the image was not sharp enough, in some you could only see a tangle of bodies, in others the face was hidden... this one was the best combination, the girl is maybe too centered but the image is sharp and the framing is OK, so I picked this over the others...
this afternoon I was taking pictures in the Plaza Mayor in Madrid (I am on a short business trip) and I found myself in a similar dilemma - people walking fast and waiters noticing too early that I was taking pictures... between the intention of a good framing and the need to click the shutter, I tried my best but I don't know what came out of it
greetings from windy Madrid,
c.
Old 04-11-2012, 07:18 AM
TE Senior Member

That's the nature of street photography but also, IMHO, its immense attraction: Uniqueness.

It is always a ig pleasure to talk about the background of pictures, especially with someone like you, who is always openly willing to share her experiences, preferences, feelings and thoughts. I just took a look at my last crits and found out I got about one reply for every 10 critiques I made. Pity.

Ciao from rainy Istanbul.

Erdem
Old 04-12-2012, 09:31 PM
TE Expert

Default re:

hi erdem,
I always try to reply to the comments I receive - if someone finds the time to stop and say something about a photo of mine, it's only fair that I answer or explain... I am always interested in what people say and I don't mind sharing my point of view or give background information about why I went for something instead of something else. I also believe in sharing technical details or opinions, some people are quite jealous of their "photographic proceedings" or their trade secrets, but personally I don't mind - I believe a photo is much more than its technicalities and ultimately it's the person behind the lens that gives the image its heart and soul
PS: I almost found the Leica issue
c.