Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great delpeoples 2012-04-02 3:02

Hi dear Giovanni

When I was last in this beautiful church, tripods and cameras were the last thing on my mind, in fact I vaguely remember spending a few mornings trying to walk off a hangover in here :) But your note is highly relevant regarding photography fees and the fact that tripods are allowed.

And what an amazing shot. You did extremely well without a tripod here, the perspective and the play of light and shadow are really beautiful. For some reason I can't access the Exif data, but assume you've ramped up the ISO and that the 5DMII has dealt with it effortlessly. Great shot, and a great note.

Have a good day
Lisa

Old 04-02-2012, 10:24 AM
TE Expert

Default To delpeoples: Iso 6400!

Hi Lisa,

Thank you again for your kind remarks about this one. I wasn't so sure that this one was all that great but I'm pleased that people like it.

Funny you couldn't access the exif data - it seems to be there all right but sometimes I find when looking at others' exif data, the window doesn't always open and I often have to click on it several times to be able to view the data. Anyway, it was taken at ISO 6400, the highest in the 5D MkII's range unless you go into the extended range which I have never done.

Yes, it is surprising that tripods are allowed because usually "Health & Safety" in this day and age is quoted as being a reason for disallowing them. I think the reason is that you can cause obstruction with them and people might trip over them. Also surprisingly, flash is also allowed (unless, of course, a church service is going on) because there are displays of ancient documents in glass frames which, I am sure, could easily be considered to suffer from the effects of flash photography.

Un abbraccio,

Giovanni.
Old 04-02-2012, 11:43 PM
TE Expert

Smile Iso6400!

Caro Giovanni

Insomniacking I see. Wow that's an incredible ISO, and the Canon has handled it effortlessly. On any other camera, the noise would be crazy! Hard to think of what circumstances you could use a higher ISO than that, but can definitely think of using the ISO 50 in low light - in fact I have done so on the MkI's extended range and I think its upper limit is ISO3200.

Have a lovely evenin, good to hear you've finished your DIY and can go out and play now.

Cheers
Lisa