Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > General

Notices

Old 01-16-2012, 06:41 AM
TE Junior Member

Default problems with points

What's going on with my last photo? Yesterday it has 22 points today 20.
Same thing happend few days ago ?
Regards Darko
Old 01-16-2012, 10:58 AM
TE Junior Member

Default problems

just now I've noticed that critiques from member Luciola on same photo was converted to comment and points are erased.
I'm just curios how could member change posted critique to comment and erase point. I can't see such option nowhere.
Regards Darko
Old 01-16-2012, 04:43 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Porteplume

Hi Darko,

This is the second time you are asking about critiques... So, for the second time I have to advise you to read the TOS and especially the rules about "Critiques"
This is a very important item as the critiques must be significative and critiquing is one of the core aspects of this site.

Critiques:

1. Critiques are to be used for any critical or praiseworthy comments about the critiqued photo.
Members are encouraged to give constructive criticism and feedback for how photos can be improved. For all intended purposes, constructive criticism will be defined as “criticism or advice that is useful and intended to help or improve something, often with an offer of possible solutions” In other words “This photo sucks” is not considered constructive criticism

2. Critiques should include specific reasons as to why a photo is either good or needs improvement.

3. Overly general critiques i.e. Nice shot, Great, I like it a lot! etc. are prohibited and will be removed.

4. Critiques which include broad generalizations such as good composition, nice colors etc. should be marked as a comment. Such critiques may be marked as a comment. Writing excessive amounts of these general critiques may be removed, and the ability to write critiques may be disabled. (It will still be possible to write comments.)

5. Critiquing is one of the core aspects of TE/TL/TN and all helpful critiques are welcomed, however critiquing mostly friend/family members without critiquing others is unfair to the other members and breaches the community spirit of this site. Please critique fairly, as failure to do so may result in removal of critiques and/or ratings or account removal.

6 Email ombudsman@trekearth.com to complain about rude critiques or forum messages.

7 Critiques may not contain any mention of points to be given in the future. If you run out of points, feel free to continue writing thoughtful critiques without mention of points.
Old 01-16-2012, 05:10 PM
TE Junior Member

porteplume
you obviously didn't read those two last post well. or is they to complicated to understand.

I did not ask about those short minded rule where you decide what members can or can not write as critic. I ask why points are removed?
And please be kind (if you can) and explain what is allowed critique for good photo. Shall we write something like "this photo needs more exposure and saturation for well exposed and well saturated photo". TE has a great way to help people to their photo skills. That's workshop.
And if you didn't notice such attitude to decide what shall people write will force people to leave this site. That already happen to lot of other site where moderator try to dictate what will people write as critique.
Have you ever hear about free speech? And for what sick reason critiques
like "Nice landscape photo, beautiful colors" and similar are prohibited.
That's insane!
Good by
Darko

Last edited by DarkoG; 01-16-2012 at 05:13 PM.
Old 01-16-2012, 05:20 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Porteplume

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkoG View Post
porteplume
you obviously didn't read those two last post well. or is they to complicated to understand.
I did not ask about those short minded rule where you decide what members can or can not write as critic. I ask why points are removed?
A critique can get points, a comment can't, this is the reason.

Quote:
Have you ever hear about free speech? And for what sick reason critiques
like "Nice landscape photo, beautiful colors" and similar are prohibited.
That's insane!
The TOS is Terms of Service, which should be accepted when you want to post on TE, is here already for the last nine years, which means that TOS has always been here and the rules about critiques too.
Read the TOS again please...
Old 01-16-2012, 07:06 PM
TE Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porteplume View Post
A critique can get points, a comment can't, this is the reason.

The TOS is Terms of Service, which should be accepted when you want to post on TE, is here already for the last nine years, which means that TOS has always been here and the rules about critiques too.
Read the TOS again please...
Yes TOS are here for nine years but such implementation as you do lately was not case few years ago.
ANd if TOS are stupid change them, otherwise (I see that on few sites) you will lose a lot of active people and good photographers.
It will be much better if you and other moderators try to improve the site instead of killing it.
Regards Darko
Old 03-06-2012, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkoG View Post
Yes TOS are here for nine years but such implementation as you do lately was not case few years ago.
ANd if TOS are stupid change them, otherwise (I see that on few sites) you will lose a lot of active people and good photographers.
It will be much better if you and other moderators try to improve the site instead of killing it.
Regards Darko
The easiest way to improve the site is for the membership to read and abide by the rules (Terms of Service / TOS). Any person unable or unwilling to do so is perfectly free to create their own site with their own rules.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:50 AM
TE Expert

Default You submit, or disappear

This is called "take pleasure in making people leave." This does not seem normal and healthy thinking.

Cela s'appelle "prendre un malin plaisir à faire partir les gens". Cela ne me semble pas une pensée normale et saine.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:10 AM
TE Expert

Default Cool

It's more cool on Flickr

سعيد
Old 03-07-2012, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlbrthnn View Post
This is called "take pleasure in making people leave." This does not seem normal and healthy thinking.
You couldn't be more wrong Joel. None of the mods take pleasure in any member choosing to leave. However, if people choose to disregard the Terms of Service they bring the problems upon themselves. As has been said many, many times in the past, all societies and associations have their rules which have to be adhered to or the consequences accepted. Do those who don't want to abide by the rules here also ignore speed limits for example and then try to use as their defence "I don't like the speed limit so I will ignore it and there is nothing you can do"?
Different rules perhaps, and in different circumstances, but the underlying premise is no different. There is a big difference between not agreeing with rules / regulations and attempting to get them changed, and ignoring rules because you don't like them.