Edited rules in TOS
The TOS - Terms of Service: http://www.trekearth.com/terms.php - has been changed on purpose of having more detailed rules. Please have a closer look to the rules about "Photographs" / 8. Special Occasions" and lower in TOS, about "Photographer's Notes"
1. Only photographs are permitted. Images may not be digitally manipulated in an image editing program ie, Photoshop except for the following reasons:
i. Copyright notices and (straight-edged, plain) frames
NB: Copyright/ Watermark information must be discrete and may contain your name, but no graphics are allowed except for the copyright symbol produced by the keyboard (Alt+0169) - Frames must be plain and straight edged (simple drop shadow is allowed) - Cannot contain gradients, textures, blurring or beveling, but may contain the photo's title and/or the member's name. Advertising of commercial websites is not permitted.
Those posts not adhering to the these guidelines will be removed at the discretion of the moderators.
ii. Cropping, resizing and sharpening
iii. Touching up (dust, slight imperfections)
iv. Levels, Curves, Color adjustment, Hue, Saturation etc. for minor image enhancements.
v. Multiple exposures to get proper exposure values
vi. Stitching for panoramic photos
vii. Color conversion to Black and White, Sepia, Duotone etc.
viii. Perspective correction for parallax or lens distortion.
ix. Infrared photos are not allowed.
2. Identical photos (unmodified or not) may not be re-posted except through the 'Post to Workshop' or 'Re-Post' mode. (Deleting the original image in order to re-post is also not acceptable. Instead, open a Discussion for the photo to request feedback
3. In respect of peoples copyrights; postings of other peoples work (photographs/ art) must properly convey the surroundings in which they are found. If you wish to post close-ups of the work- please do so as a workshop. Workshop or Re-Posted images must include information on any changes made to the original.
4. Identical photos (unmodified or not) may not be posted to more than one Trek Site (TrekEarth, TrekLens, TrekNature).
5. As the purpose of TrekEarth is to learn about the world through photography, shots of common objects (like closeups of any flowers or plants, water droplets, toothbrushes etc.) tend not teach us anything without a suitable note, so unless there's a suitable note they will be deactivated at the discretion of site moderators. If you wish to post these types of image please consider using our sister site TrekLens.
6. Photographs having a studio-like effect, selfportraits and photographs of own reflection or own shadow will also be deleted at the discretion of site moderators. If you wish to post these types of image please consider using our sister site TrekLens.
7. i. Photographs must have a proper title, not only marks like * or any other...
ii. Photos with insensitive titles and/or notes will be inactivated.
iii. Notes should be informative and accompany every photo uploaded to the site.
* Please read the rules about Photographer's Notes
8. Special occasions - Religious and National events, New Year, commemorations, disasters, deaths etc. There are no exceptions to the Terms of Service for these occasions. Please note the following:
i. the same rules will apply for photos to mark special occasions as for all other photos. Therefore, text must be placed within a frame, and photos and notes must be within the rules.
ii. photos and notes to express sympathy with disaster victims or feelings about members who have died, or to commemorate those occasions, must also remain within the rules.
9. NB: Certain types of photos are prohibited on TrekEarth and will be removed:
- Nude photographs unless the nudity is intrinsically related to an event such as a regional festival, daily living, or the like.
- Photographs of family, friends, or any pets (not only one's own).
---------------- lower ------------------
i. All photos must contain a note of a minimum of 40 characters in order to be uploaded.
Only meaningful notes will be considered, so please do not try to get around the issue by posting nonsense such as " fhgdfhd rthdfjgbnd fgjkfk".
The following other nonsensical notes will also be deemed inappropriate:
- using your camera description/ exif data as a note,
- clicking the space bar until you have reached 40 characters,
- repeating the same words or partial phrases over and over e.g.: "this is a flower this is a flower" and finally:
- notes that merely describe the obvious, e.g. : " this is a man standing in front of a church".
Notes that fit any of the above criteria may be subject to deletion by our moderators.
ii. It is not permitted to copy and paste large sections of text from other sites. If you wish to refer to information on other sites you must provide a link to that site instead.
Short passages from other sites may be included only if the source of that information is included e.g. (Source Wikipedia) and if the rest of the note follows the Terms of Service guidelines above and is in the member's own words (and language, if necessary)
|notes, photographs, rules, tos|