Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > General

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2011, 09:22 PM
TE Expert

Default Désolant

Encore une énorme perte pour nous et pour le site. Quand cela s'arrêtera-t-il?
JJ
Old 12-28-2011, 09:57 PM
TE Junior Member

Dear Jaap, my friend!

This new shocked me. You know, I really like your photos. I understand your choice, however, I have not deleted any of my photos. The artist's job to create, the censors to watch. This was a very bad decision for the censors they could be smarter and flexible. I will be missing your collection better than the Christmas photo (and others as well)........

Warm Regards
Happy New Year to you and your family!
György
Old 12-29-2011, 04:14 PM
TE Senior Member

This I had send to for Tuesday to 'tos@trekearth.com', I have got no reaction from them at all. It's a shame....

It wasn't good of me to delete all my photos, I am now also come behind. But with Christmas is my photo taken off with Christmas greetings. A Christmas that I will never forget, it is the first Christmas without my mother, she died is in June, so it was a special Christmas for me, the first time without her. So I did not react well that I see now, but it's now happened in an upwelling, as many things happen in this way in life. Yes I have regret removing my pictures but I can no longer turn it back. It was not good from the moderators, to remove my photo, because there was nothing wrong with that, only the note was too long. Oke I overreacted that’s a factor and that was not good.

Regard jaap

Last edited by carper; 12-29-2011 at 04:30 PM.
Old 12-29-2011, 04:31 PM
TE Expert

Default Moderating in moderation. For Jaap

Moderating in moderation

You continue obstinately incredible speech of justification for your actions rigid and uncompromising, sheltering behind you in the written rules, contrary to those you have wounded. Insurportable this behavior is not worthy of someone who wants to moderate. We are not thugs secured by a totalitarian regime, we are free and peaceful people, we provide our free collaborative to a site that does respect us more. The basic rules of communication are not met. The blade of the "justice" slice, remove, delete, condemned, immediately after any error, even minor, before making any contact friendly and caring, trying not to get to the cancellation or removal. We are very moderate people, who understand the need for certain rules, only one minimum, but no longer support the incompetence in human relationships. IB should be aware of.

Modérer avec modération

Vous poursuivez avec obstination le discours incroyable de la justification de vos actes rigides et intransigeants, en vous abritant derrière des règles écrites, au mépris de ceux que vous avez meurtris. Ce comportement insurportable n'est pas digne de quelqu'un qui veut modérer. Nous ne sommes pas des brutes assujetties par un régime totalitaire, nous sommes des gens libres et paisibles, nous apportons gratuitement notre collaboration à un site, qui ne nous respecte plus. Les règles élémentaire de la communication ne sont pas respectées. Le couperet de la "justice" tranche, supprime, efface, condamne, immédiatement après toute erreur, même mineure, avant toute prise de contact amicale et bienveillante, pour tenter de ne pas arriver à l'effacement ou à la suppression.
Nous sommes des gens très modérés, nous comprenons la nécessité de certaines règles, seulement un minimum, mais nous ne voulons plus d'incompétence en matière de relations humaines. IB doit en prendre conscience.

Last edited by jlbrthnn; 12-30-2011 at 12:11 AM.
Old 12-29-2011, 04:38 PM
TE Expert

Default Deletion of images

Hi Jaap

I had one of my images inactivated a long time ago & I've gotten over it. It was eventually reinstated. But I know how you feel. In view of the fact that you STILL haven't had a response from the automated tos@trekearth.com' all the more reason for a moderator to give some forewarning, or TE could set up a preview area for uncertain images before an image is even uploaded, so we don't have to go down this road again. I've lost count of the number of members who think it would be a good idea. (1. contact member > suggest improvement > reinstate) If no response within say 24 hours, deactivate, & delete after 6 months. This way makes more sense, than: inactivate > contact member.

I don't agree that it's too much work. It's more work to have to monitor the 100 plus, maybe 200 by now? pm's & forum messages that can result. Very much a case of putting the cart before the horse!

Sorry to hear about your mother. Losing family is never easy.

PS: there is no reason why you cannot start again. Your account at TE is still active, (it has not been disabled) & you are a prolific & very good photographer! You will have a new 100 photos up in no time!
Old 12-29-2011, 05:35 PM

When did you send the email??

There are many people on holiday at present so response to emails may well take longer than usual. For example, I have only returned to work today and my wife doesn't return until next Tuesday. Try having a little patience - it may produce more positive results!
Old 12-29-2011, 05:43 PM
TE Expert

Unhappy Triste et désolé

Salut à tous
J'apprends à l'instant le départ de Jaap du site de trekearth et j'en suis profondément désolé.
Il y a quelques jours j'étais très heureux de constater qu'il avait mis fin à son inactivité.
Jaap a publié une image de Noël qui a été retirée par les modérateurs. Pour moi cette photo était un beau geste de sa part pour réchauffer nos coeurs pour cette fin d'année 2011. Il avait contribué a créer et entretenir une ambiance amicale sur ce site où la plupart des éminents photographes ont déserté.
Tes photos ont disparu du site. C'est pour moi une triste journée pour cette fin d'année 2011.
Mon cher Jaap, tes images je vais les regretter sur ce site.
Mais je n'oublie pas qu'elles sont toujours présentes sur d'autres sites concurrents tels que Flickr et Fotopedia et bien d'autres.
Je pense que certains modérateurs oublient qu'un site ne peut exister sans la présence et l'activité de ses membres.

سعيد

Last edited by Didi; 12-29-2011 at 05:47 PM.
Old 12-29-2011, 05:51 PM
TE Expert

Is it really a hope with Jaap's case? We all would be so happy if a satisfactory solution could be found. I am very sorry for him as he now regrets deleting of his gallery.
Anyway, it is very strange to remove photo because of the note. It is something that hasn't happened before, in any case I haven't heard of. Photo is something steady, note could be changed easily and in any time, if it seems not meaningful some words of warning are enough: please change the note. Removing the post is an unnecessary and cruel action.

Last edited by emka; 12-29-2011 at 05:54 PM.
Old 12-29-2011, 05:56 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Porteplume

Quote:
Originally Posted by Didi View Post
Je pense que certains modérateurs oublient qu'un site ne peut exister sans la présence et l'activité de ses membres.
Bonsoir Saïd,

C'est vraiment le comble que VOUS, qui avez été un modérateur intransigeant - rappelez vous... - insinuiez à présent que nous avons voulu "nous débarasser de Jaap"!

Il y a eu 17 (dix-sept!!!) photos inactivées pour la même raison: Note insuffisante.
Pas note trop longue comme l'écrit Jaap, mais note INSUFFISANTE! Les modérateurs ont attendus que Noël soit passé pour inactiver - NOT delete - ces photos sans aucune différences pour l'un ou l'autre, nouveau ou ancien, Junior ou Senior.
Old 12-29-2011, 05:58 PM
TE Senior Member

Default when did you send the e-mail

well Keith di 27-12-2011 19:48.
And to viviane personal, Monday.

Last edited by carper; 12-29-2011 at 06:20 PM.

Closed Thread