Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > General

Notices

Old 12-23-2011, 10:25 AM
TE Junior Member

Default My Christmas Greeting

My pictorial Chrismas greeting which I posted this morning was deleted, so I guess I have to try this way: My most heartfelt Holiday wishes to all of you!

Except the TE moderators.

Face it, the trek sites seem to be on the deathbed and Iím sorry to say the responsibility for a large part falls on the moderators, as they are the front line and dealing directly with the members. The moderators arrogance and abuse of power are without recent comparison, and only surpassed by their lack of qualifications for the job.

Deathbed? Just have a look at the statistics. The activity of members is diving, a rough estimate says to around 40% of what it used to be during better days Ė that goes for postings, critiques and workshops.

However, you may say the members are not what generate money! In a short perspective that is correct, as the majority of visitors are googlers. But donít forget why they come: They are all here to see our images. Without us and our images TE is nothing, just a bunch of mediocre moderators and a too often dysfunctional database.

The basic problem is that none of the moderators have shown the faintest hint of public relations skills, moderators should look at the members as a resource and the foundation of the site, not a troublesome bunch that has to be kept in the ears. The moderators should be motivators and not dictators. The key word is guidance and not the whip you seem to love so much.

Moderators, tell me one thing: Does the owner of the site know what you are up to? Do they know you have pretty much ruined their investment due to your lack of psychological and other skills???

If not maybe somebody should tell themÖ
Old 12-23-2011, 05:07 PM
TE Expert

Smile Merry Chrristmas to you all

First of all, my best wishes for you all TE members ......MERRY CHRISTMAS
Second , dont try dear Pablo, to discuss about this....your pics will be deleted more and more( my last 6 pics were deleted because of the notes or titles about TE moderators ) and next they will delete also your comments , like happens to me now
Just ignore them and enjoy your pics and critiques
And may be next year will come with some changes and good news for TE

The best of joy, the best of cheer for Christmas and for coming year !!!!!