Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great Angshu 2011-11-08 21:08

Hello Philip
We see a lot of portraits of these tribes ouside Chiang Mai! Do you have to pay for taking these pictures?

Couple of things I might wish in this otherwise fine portrait - a shallower DOF to isolate her from the BG (you can still use photoshop for blurring the BG...I'll try a workshop when i get some time) & secondly some contrast boost for her.

But as I said before, an otherwise nice, soft portrait!

With regards
Angshu

Old 11-09-2011, 10:32 PM
TE Newbie

Default To Angshu: pay for photos

Hi Angshu
To answer your question whether or not one has to pay for photographs with the 'Long Neck' tribe...the answer is No, not if you don't want to. However, they do sell jewelry, fabrics and various other items which one is able to purchase to help support the families in the village. You also have an option to simply donate money for the village. These villages can make one feel a little uncomfortable (myself included) as they can give you the feeling of being in a 'human zoo'...I didn't stay there too long and felt somewhat guilty about taking photos because it almost seemed exploitative. On the positive side it does provide members of various tribes with a source of income and somewhere to live....I suppose.
Cheers
Philip