Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > General

Notices

Old 07-27-2011, 12:42 AM
TE Newbie

Default Didn't expect that!

I joined TrekEarth yesterday July 25th, then last nite I received two emails telling me I'm the right person for them no matter what my race or religion is and calling me baby and so on. I tried to find an "unsubcribing" feature on the site. To no avail. It's why I'm using this forum (Sorry, I know that's not what it's used for). It's really sad, I was really happy to join. So, how do I remove my name from the site? Thank you
Old 07-27-2011, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggyLou View Post
I joined TrekEarth yesterday July 25th, then last nite I received two emails telling me I'm the right person for them no matter what my race or religion is and calling me baby and so on.
Louise, it's not clear what you mean by 'them'. What made you believe those emails were from someone connected to TE? Of course, if you are a a member who has chosen to allow other members to contact you, any member could send you a message via your email address. Is that possibly what happened? If so, then the identity of the member would have been made known to you. In that case you could send me a copy and paste of the emails you received, including the user names and email addresses of the sender(s) - click on my user name and select 'Send a private message' to do that.

Or do you believe those emails came from or seem to have come from the Administration section of TE? This might be a misunderstanding, or perhaps someone has hacked the system. In this case please provide more information.

If you can provide more details to me and they show that you have a valid complaint I will have the matter investigated. In the meantime, you can prevent other members from sending emails to you by logging in, moving the mouse cursor over Account, then selecting Edit Profile. You should select No where it says 'Allow TrekEarth members to contact you?'.

Andrew
TE Moderator
Old 07-29-2011, 03:43 AM

For other members who read this thread - the matter has been dealt with. The emails were sent by spammers.

If any other members receive rude or suggestive spam emails from TE members, please let the Moderators know either by starting a thread or direct private communication.

Last edited by macondo; 07-29-2011 at 09:09 AM.