Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great delpeoples 2011-05-14 7:35

HI Craig

I apologise at the outset that this critique has been written past midnight with half a bottle of vino in me. But having read Peter's critique I seriously wonder how much of the bottle of Jack Daniels and Cranky Pills he had taken before writing it ;) Hmmm, he could have said all that with half the writing. Putting that aside, what he meant to say sort of makes sense. But I can see your thinking here, the sky is magnificent and the composition is in perfect 2/3 to 1/3 framing. So it would break my heart cropping it if it was my shot. Whilst the architecture may be Pete's focus, the sky is mine and in fact the WS does nothing for me. The sails are well-contrasted, sharp, and their perspective complements the other element, but I'm in it for the sky. So I think you've done a good job and would like to see the colour version in WS.

Thanks and good afternoon
Lisa

Old 05-14-2011, 10:50 PM
TE Senior Member

Default To delpeoples: And another thing

Dear Pesky,
I was under the impression that the objective of the TE critiquing forum was to critique the photograph, not another members critique.
For your enlightenment and edification here is Craig's reply to me.
Cop that, you bully.

Hey Peter
Ask and you shall recieve!!
what you wrote is precisely what i'm looking for, and honest critique.
A couple of things to note - The workshop you gave me.....i have that exact photo in my personal gallery sitting in my laptop!
Secondly, you're right - i couldn't decide one way or another which was the main focus....the clouds or the sails, so in this compo i did both, when infact i could have used the sails as the primary focal point.

Personally, i still like both photos, but i 100% agree with what you said about choosing one focal point and just going with it - makes alot of sense.
And for ME, who specializes in architectural and cityscape, thats important to move forward with.
Cheers Mate
well appreciated

Pietro the trembling.