Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > General

Notices

Old 05-08-2011, 11:22 AM
TE Junior Member

Default clouds

I can't understand why people post cloud-photos? Are they really TE photos? Today I even saw one of them at the start page, and it was "promoted" as a favorite. http://www.trekearth.com/gallery/Asi...photo58240.htm .

I believe that clouds can make a photo look better and and more exicting etc. adding an extra touch, but posting photos of clouds alone on TE feels a bit wrong or?
What do you think?
/Scroller (Stefan Zetterlind)
Old 05-08-2011, 01:41 PM

The photograph you provide the link to was posted 7 years ago! That was before TrekLens & TrekNature were created. What was acceptable then bears no relationship to what is acceptable on TE now.
I realise you are simply asking a question about why cloud photos are posted, but many a time we do get members attempting to use 'ancient' photos as justification for posting unacceptable images now.
Old 05-08-2011, 03:46 PM
TE Junior Member

Default But still...

Why is it displayed as a featured photo on the first page? How can one justify refusing cloud photos if you use one on the first page? Ok, that one might be a bit old but if you search on clouds you will find a lot more of them..
Old 05-08-2011, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scroller View Post
Why is it displayed as a featured photo on the first page? How can one justify refusing cloud photos if you use one on the first page? Ok, that one might be a bit old but if you search on clouds you will find a lot more of them..
The question has been asked before. The 'Featured Photo' is an automatic process so it would be difficult or impossible to prevent images which were acceptable at the time they were posted, but outside the Terms of Service now, being displayed. It might be possible to restrict on the basis of date submitted but that would then eliminate many older images which do still fall within the TOS.
Old 05-08-2011, 04:21 PM
TE Junior Member

ah ha!
But surely there must be a lots and lots of featured photos the eg. the last three-four years, well enough for the first page...
Thanks for your informative answer!
/Stefan