Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Good Bergenphotos 2011-02-26 18:09

Hi Apostolos.

I've seen that you have some nice ones in your gallery. I especially like those two with most points. This one however is to me not very attractive. I like that you try to be creative as creativity is the key to success. But when doing that, the photos are often either very good or very bad. Unfortunately I don't think this ended up at the right side.

I love that you're showing the temple, mosque, space museum or whatever in a special way and try out new angles. Continue with that even if it doesn't work every time. The colours seem to me not strong, and the building is in my opinion to much covered. The fountain is not perfect either.

When photographing water, the shutter speed should be either very short or very long. In this image, you should maybe have used shorter shutter speed and maybe then a lower f-stop. Now the fountain is mostly blurry, and that ruins a bit. I can imagine the light conditions weren't the best, and I guess you can make a great photo from the same spot at another time of the day. It's certainly well seen.

Keep shooting!
Fredrik

Old 02-27-2011, 08:58 AM
TE Newbie

Default To Bergenphotos: ...express my sentiments..

Hello my dear Fredrik...

All what you report are very right if sees somebody the photograph as a good looking photograph.
But....
I wanted here to express my sentiments for the particular building.
I believe that this building belongs in wroge owners.
I would never photograph such way e.g. the Acropolis of Athens.

Thank you very much for your honest critique.

I love fresh minds.

Apostolos
Old 02-27-2011, 12:58 PM
TE Junior Member

Talking Yes, I see now

I see. The problem is that I didn't see the irony of your note. I just thought it was meant as a funny point. But that makes your photo seem a bit better. Still, I'd like a picture which shows more of the building and such. Maybe you could extend your note a little. However, continue to be creative. I like that!

Keep shooting,
Fredrik