Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Good AdrianW 2003-06-22 22:12

Nice shot! There are some problems though, some of which can be resolved in Photoshop, others of which required some work at the time... Main things that can be corrected now are a slight CCW tilt - if you rotate the image 0.6 degrees CW the horizon will be improved, and I'd also be tempted to run it through NeatImage to clean up the noise in the image.

The biggest problem is uncorrectable though - the very bright area with no detail where the sun is. Next time (if you get the chance) try taking two exposures one similar to this one, and another in the same place, but metering for the bright area. You can then composite the image using Photoshop - it should look reasonably natural, and if you're lucky there will be detail in all areas of the image ;-)

Old 09-06-2009, 09:44 PM
TE Newbie

Default To AdrianW: fully agree

this is exactly what I think too. Tilt shift and burnt. I would not use Photoshop which is expensive. Any software proposes the tilt correction... the photo composition, or HDR, is technically a bit more tricky... and I usually never do it.