Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > General

Notices

Old 07-26-2009, 05:51 AM
TE Newbie

Default This Version of TE is Horrible

It has been a while since I have visited TE - A site that I used to be very active. What has happened to the look of TE. It is horrible! There are advertisements everywhere. What a shame. TE used to be a great site and had a great look.

I wonder how many other original members have left and have moved on???

Regards,
David
Old 07-26-2009, 03:36 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: This Version of TE is Horrible

You must be aware that Adam Silverman sold the site to Internet Brands in early 2007.

At that time activity was at its height, with about 750 photos posted per day on average.

Since then, activity has been constantly dropping, now just about 330-350 postings per day.
Old 07-26-2009, 07:42 PM
TE Expert

Try this , my friend :)
Old 07-26-2009, 10:13 PM
TE Newbie

Thank you Isabela. You have restored my faith with TE.

That is a great link for the look and feel of the old TE. The advertisements are much less on the beta site.

Regards,
David
Old 07-28-2009, 03:12 PM
TE Newbie

You can also try to use "adblock" on FireFox... I have actually not seen the ads in this new version at all!

Olivier.
Old 07-31-2009, 03:21 PM
TE Newbie

What is wrong with this version? I just signed up so I have not experienced any other versions (though I clicked on the beta link above). I have yet to see an advertisement on this site. Are they all hiding and waiting until I am completely hooked on this site and can't escape?

Other than the invisible ads, is there anything else I should watch out for. I'm just trying to figure out what might be wrong here.
Old 08-02-2009, 05:35 PM
TE Expert

I am one of those who has stopped to post. I dislike the new TE absolutely... The owners should think over if the dropping of the post is so big...

Miguel
Old 08-02-2009, 07:26 PM
TE Junior Member

I agree with.. This version of TE and the new look is bad.......i 'm sorry for designers but ......it's a fact.

Translation in others languages for menus does not work..and advertising is important, and bothering.

I think i'll close my page..........
Old 08-03-2009, 09:18 PM
TE Newbie

-- Well, I just registered yesterday, and I can understand former members being disappointed.

As I set my Firefox preferences to block most ads, I don't see many of them, but I can see that the browser is slowed down significantly by "Google Ads syndication" trying to send me ads.

I also tried to login without accepting cookies : does not work at all. And if I accept cookies, my cookies register is immediately stuffed with ads sites, although I ticked all the "opt-out" options I found.

Last but not least : I can't update my own profile.

Is it because I'm "too new" ? Is there something I missed ?? I did not find an explanation about that in FAQ. I just found out in the Privacy Policy something which I don't like :

"Opting out of a network does not mean you will no longer receive online advertising. It does mean that the network from which you opted out will no longer deliver ads tailored to your Web preferences and usage patterns." : ???
Old 08-03-2009, 11:35 PM
TE Newbie

oops: I finally foud the "update profile" : this item of the menu was just almost impossible to see because it had jumped outside the brown menu bar. And almost white on white is hard to read! I just discovered it by chance when my mouse passed by.