Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > General

Notices

Old 06-12-2009, 09:51 PM
Banned

Default Re: drama queen

Welcome Kristine and, we've got ourselves a fine team, if Farah cares to join :P. She has the worst recipes :o)
Old 06-12-2009, 09:52 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: So, where are you going?

"To Philipp: personally, I would prefer to be a drama queen than a bore :)."

To each their own I guess. ;)

I just think people shouldn't be making rash decisions that they may regret a few weeks or months from now. I enjoy looking at the pictures here and sometimes browsing thru my own gallery. It gives me an idea of how I have progressed which is why I'd never delete it. To be honest I've never paid much attention to the TOU. All I know is that I've been contacted twice about selling a picture, so maybe people know that the right person to contact is always the artist him-/herself.
Old 06-12-2009, 09:54 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: Witch

Funny you bring up witches, because I'm trying to dissolve some warts with compound-w. It stings.
Old 06-13-2009, 06:43 AM
TE Senior Member

At the moment i'm calm in the boat until it stops blowing.
Then I follow the herd of friends and old timers where ever they go.
Don't really care so much about the images i've posted delete them or not is not the issue. but I care about the humans the network we've been building, I do care about all the investment We've been done in emotions friendship and that's what makes we sorrow.
It's easier to take an other image than to meet new people even in this world of communities
Love you all out there.

Anders
Old 06-13-2009, 08:35 AM
TE Expert

Well expressed Anders. It is the people as much as and perhaps more than the photographs that makes this site what it is.I won't leave TE as long as I can connect with people here as I have uptil now. If people leave they are scattered to the winds. How can any of us chase each other to different sites? I prefer people I have "met" on TE to stay together.If we all migrate there is no telling which other sites members will settle on. We may end up having trek friends all over the place, making it very difficult to maintain connections;yet it is these connections that are what is valuable.
Bev
Old 06-13-2009, 08:51 AM
TE Expert

hej Anders,
and greetings to everyone here!

very wise words, indeed!
first of all, we should calm down a bit... and think: what, after all, is of more value to us.
best wishes,
Elena
Old 06-14-2009, 06:23 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: Little green pill

Hi Greg,

Can you also make a little pill to copy all your photos and comments offline? ;-)
Old 06-17-2009, 02:41 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: Little green pill

Flickr is by far more interesting than TE. Flickr only seems big, but you have to realize that it is really a collection of many smaller communities. There are groups within flickr, and it is the variety of groups on flickr that makes it interesting. You can easily find a niche within the vast flickr universe. TE these days is far from where it was years ago, both as a community and photographically speaking. While Flickr is also full of garbage, the good thing is that you can actually be exposed to a lot of photography that is exponentially better than the post card fare on TE without being exposed to the crap. There are two ways: by creating contacts with good photographers and joining/creating groups that are moderated. The best thing is that the variety of photography on flickr will allow you to grow beyond the travel/postcard stuff here. TE is a fine first step, but it is only a first step. Staying here longer than needed is guaranteed to stop your growth as a photographer.
Old 06-17-2009, 07:56 AM
TE Expert

Que ce soit sur TE ou Flickr, ou autres sites, Je ne crois pas que l'ambition ultime doit être de faire des photographies toujours meilleures... toujours plus dénaturées, (Comment est ce possible? et pourquoi faire?, pour les vendre?, pour gagner en supposée notoriété?, pour satisfaire sa vanité personnelle?), mais des photographies autant que possible de bonne qualité qui permettent de communiquer en montrant ce qui nous à causé de l'émotion dans notre monde et qui le décrivent dans sa réalité, sans trop de fioritures. Photographier sans se prendre trop au sérieux, avec ses propres moyens, avec application mais dans le plaisir partagé et la convivialité.
Bien faire et laisser braire. Laisser passer les poissons... Laisser partir les gros poissons... Laisser vivre les petits poissons.
Old 06-18-2009, 03:10 PM
TE Junior Member

Comme dit Joël :"Photographier sans se prendre trop au sérieux, avec ses propres moyens, avec application mais dans le plaisir partagé et la convivialité".
C'est bien le but que je poursuis aussi et je suis fort contente des échanges sur TE.

Bien à vous tous et beaucoup de plaisir!

brigitte