Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great trekks 2009-05-04 10:00

hi Henny

Very nice to see your post again, and this one is night exposure at 1/4s which I think if without a tripod is very sharp.

I like the lighting and mood of the night. Good clarity especially showing different colors of light.

In this view, you can in fact do landscape format instead of vertical because of the dark space at both top and bottom, unless there are obstructions at either left or right side.

I see this is 800pixel vertical long side but the filesize is only 166kb, which you can fix resize compression to 100% or reduce from there to get 300kb limit now allowed [not 200kb as used before].

The new camera has definitely given you better result and quality of shot. The raw file is of course the best choice.

Good work.

tfs, bill

Old 05-24-2009, 10:09 AM
TE Junior Member

Default To trekks: Terima kasih, Trekks

I have a landscape version of this image which sadly is pretty blurred.
I think that's one of my biggest problems, I tend to shoot using vertical format. The more I take pictures the more I realize, I'm a kind of "vertical person", quite opposite with my short figure, hehe.
Can you make it clearer about resizing technique, please? That's frustrating sometimes.
All the best for you,
Henny.
Old 05-25-2009, 09:24 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: To trekks: Terima kasih, Trekks

hi Henny

Photoshop allows you to SAVE AS and choose compression of 100% to get as close to 300kb. If it exceeds 300kb, just slide down 99% or 98% until you are below 300kb.

This photo is itself sharp enough without sharpening. But resize of 300kb is better in quality than 165kb. Cheers, bill