Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > General

Notices

Old 05-20-2009, 10:56 PM
TE Junior Member

Default mass paranoia?

Seriously now,

I did not expect this kind of reaction from so many members, totally negative and all but constructive, getting down to low almost personal allusions? Words like "horrible", "disgusting","mess" etc?? Well if I was a non-member who accidentally opened the forum of this site and read (some of) the latest threads, the community would not at all seem appealing to me...

Anyway, the design seems quite nice, actually even one of the coolest from all the photo sites I know (at least). The logo is beautiful, a bit too big (imho) as it appears almost bigger than some of the thumbnails.

A more, and maybe THE most serious drawback appears in PHOTO INFO section - I can't imagine the absence of exif data, plus it was very useful to see if the photo has been added to a theme or even someone's favourites. I know it could be displayed via 'Themes' tab but I think it is simply more complicated this way. Same goes for favourites - I think it was better to have all this info right under the photo.
Seems that there are problems with managing groups as well.

If I am not alone in my observations (and I read similar opinions among the sea of paranoid threads), I am sure the moderators will look into these issues.
My two cents.
Old 05-20-2009, 11:02 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: mass paranoia?

Oh no... you are not alone.

The hysterical negative opinions about the new design? Totally absurd! :-)

Bye

Nuno
Old 05-20-2009, 11:02 PM
TE Senior Member

you think that some people overreact and you qualify them with the term "paranoiac", that's not appropriate, most of people using the terms "horrible", "disgusting","mess" justify their point of view, and there is lot of details of the beta version which are not fixed
Old 05-20-2009, 11:11 PM
TE Junior Member

I apologize for mentioning exif data, actually it is right there, my mistake.

JC Jacques - yes, I think that some people overreact in a manner that is not appropriate. Of course that constructive criticism is welcome, but such a hostility? it is totally opposite this site's purpose!
Old 05-20-2009, 11:12 PM
Banned

Maya, inbetween the "hot" comments, to which I contributed too, there's a lot of suggestions on how to improve...and they were massively given during the beta-testing. I personally did not realize that the word "mess" was such a bad one:-). Paranoiac seems worse ;).

Frankly, the display, with those huge vertical pics taking all the space looks is very tiring. I will not repeat here the very long list of features missing/not working.

Anyway, everybody is entitled to an opinion. The future will tell. Frankly, if I was an outsider, what would keep me out is the display on the daily gallery :D.
Well, I just bought a Holga, so I might be gone a while, the perfect moment:).

Take care.
Michèle
Old 05-20-2009, 11:19 PM
TE Senior Member

I did not expect this kind of reaction from so many members, totally negative and all but constructive...

Dear Marjia,

Totally negative and all but constructive? THEY asked our opinions before launching the new site, plenty constructive opinions were given and NONE of them got honored. Now, let's forget for a second the new site is crap, just open your eyes and look at the space they've reserved for ADS (previously devolved to PHOTOGRAPHY) : I don't have the slightest doubt it's POSITIVE for them, but I can hardly call it POSITIVE for us...

F.
Old 05-20-2009, 11:21 PM
TE Senior Member

hostility, maybe because the old version was ergonomic & better, the new look could not mask the losses of some interesting features. no hostility from me but pure deception. the problem I mention in the BETA TALK must be fixed. I don't participate to this site if it is worst than before.
BTW, you should not mention the names in a forum discussion, but the pseudo. thanks
Old 05-20-2009, 11:32 PM
TE Junior Member

Sorry, but I won't write any more in this thread about personal allusions - to be honest I don't even remember which member used which word - I am truly interested in helping (if I can) improving some features as I think it would be a pitty to lose them. Especially now when I like the new site so much that I decided to start being active again! ;p
Michel, a holga? bravo for the choice ;)
Old 05-20-2009, 11:38 PM
Banned

Hehe, Maya, I think it will be fun:-). Nothing like some manual work to relax...
Hope, I'll get it going, buying some duct tape first. Sorry for straying from the main subject, though. :D.
Old 05-21-2009, 07:17 AM
TE Expert

To MayaG: I understand the hostility, because people were used to this great site, and now they find a new one, where a lot of the former options have gone; and honestly, where advantages are concerned, the most I have read is : It looks nice! That's not very practical, and the aesthetics of a page is very subjective anyway!
As for me, I am sticking to the old site, and hope to be able to do so!