Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great Manamo 2009-03-10 7:24

I absolutely LOVE this!! This is like a Chinese version of this pic taken in Italy:http://www.trekearth.com/viewphotos.php?l=3&p=823772
I know, it's different, but still, It makes me think about it.

The light on the wall on the left is amazing! It allows you to make strong contrasts!

I wish the vehicle was less centered in your compo and the way I see it, it would have been very difficult to choose a side to place it because the whole scene seems interesting...However, I really do think an off-centered vehicle would strenghten this photo!

the note is very interesting!! How did you like China? How was it to travel there? I wanna go back to Asia as soon as possible and China is a likely destination.

Best regards,

Marc

Old 03-10-2009, 02:35 PM
TE Newbie

Default To Manamo: Hi

Thanks for you comment, I agree with you that the veichle should be more off-centered, it's a little distracting in this way.

Thanks for the link by the way, those pictures really resemble eachother in many ways, so it was lot's of fun to compare these photos.

I would strongly recommend China, I'm going back there for the fourth time by the end of the month. An advice is too travel more in the countryside than in the big cities though.

Regards
Peter
Old 03-10-2009, 02:39 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: To Manamo: Hi

ok, thx for the advice!
what's the best way to travel there? rent a motorbike, use the bus, walk?
I definitely wanna go there!
thx!
-MC-
Old 03-10-2009, 02:43 PM
TE Newbie

Well the best way to travel is by bus or train, it also depends on how long you're going to stay. Since the country is huge it takes a lot of time to see just a small share of all the things you wanna see. Are there any special places you want to visit?
Old 03-10-2009, 03:08 PM
TE Expert

I don't have a specific plan...But, I'm not very interested by big cities. Of course, I wold have to see them as the plane land on international airports, but then, I'd go in the countryside...and I would not try to see everythingall at once. I'd concentrate probably on a small region. China seems to be like Canada, it's HUGE and if you wanna visit it, you cannot do it all at once, only by small bits.

so buses and trains are good to travel there? there is a good and wide system? good to know!

I probably won't go this year as my girlfriend is pregnant right now...but in the near future, certainly!

thx a lot!

Marc
Old 03-11-2009, 12:17 PM
TE Newbie

Yeah, I'll guess it's like Canada in that way, it's to big.

I have never experienced trouble while travelling with bus or by train in China, it can be quite hard to understand the system sometimes but most often people are willing to help you and many places have travel agencys these days. And the best part is the price, it's seldom expensive to travel by these vehicles.

Well i hope you can bring your child to China in the near future :)

Best Regards
Peter