Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great Noel_Byrne 2014-01-18 5:49

Hi Ourania,
Nicely done to capture this fleeting moment so well, and you have expressed the meaning of the shot so perfectly well. As we look at the generation gap, the children and the old woman, it does make me think of the passing of time. But to enforce that, behind stands a symbol of the ancient world, and beside the girls, a symbol of the new.

As these great historic buildings stand here, I think of what they have seen, the passing of cities, emporers, generals, armies and states. As the world changed so much, it stands till proud, as impressive today as ever.

I guess the little girls look at the old woman and think that they will NEVER be so old. But the temple looks at the children, and in a blink of an eye, they are that old too.

Thought provoking shot Ourania. Thanks as always
Noel

Old 01-18-2014, 05:58 PM
TE Senior Member

Default To Noel_Byrne: Hello Noel

Hello dear Noel,
thank you very much for this kind and insightful comment! This is how I saw the scene too at the brief time I had to capture it and mostly later, when I studied it at ease. I see a triangle of reference (the little girls, the lady and the Acropolis), or even a rhombus, if we include the viewer. Many associations and thoughts can be generated from these schemes
I really appreciate your readings and finds in mine and other friends' photos!
All the best,
Ourania