Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Forum Feedback and Support

Notices

Old 10-12-2013, 11:28 AM
TE Expert

Smile Size Matters

Some time ago the upload size was increased. I think many of us were thrilled at having the opportunity to show work at an increased size both in terms of measurement and file size. Many members spend time and effort to produce high quality images which are not always shown in the best of circumstances on TE.

It came with a feeling of bewilderment when the ‘new’ upload size was only visible on the old beta version of TE, the new TE site automatically resized the shots to the 800px maximum length or height.
Now, at the risk of sounding stupid, why is it not possible for the tech team to re-size the image box on the new TE version? At present I know many of us switch between the beta and new versions of TE in an attempt to see images in the larger format and it must be said that many posts ‘come to life’ when seen at a higher quality and larger size.

TE is a wonderful showcase for images from all corners of the earth. Is it not time to look at revamping the site in line with other photographic websites and attracting more feet through the door? A good place to begin would be with the size of uploads.

I would be pleased to hear from our tech-team in this regard

A fine weekend to all.

Rosemary
Old 10-14-2013, 06:35 PM
TE official

Hello Rosemary,

thank you for your message. I just contacted our IT team and they say that this is "as designed". The pictures will be getting resized to viewport area regardless of how big the file is on TE site.
Before we were getting messages from users saying that it is not convenient to critique photos that don't resize to viewport area as you can't see the entire photo at one time. That's why we changed the settings.

Warm regards, Alex
Old 10-15-2013, 08:24 AM
TE Expert

Thanks for your response Alex, I appreciate it. A further question though, is it not possible to increase the pixel dimensions to something like 1250 width ways for a horizontal image and a maximum height for vertical shot of about 850 to 900px. These should be perfectly viewable on the non-beta version of TE and would make the viewing pleasure so much more enjoyable.

I look forward to the IT teams response.

Thanks Rosemary
Old 10-16-2013, 12:25 AM
TE official

Rosemary, thanks for your question. We're not planning to make any changes now as this might cause issues with the site. Best regards, Alex
Old 10-16-2013, 08:29 AM
TE Expert

Default A Pity

Thanks for your feedback Alex. What a shame that the site cannot be upgraded, it begins to look a bit sad when compared with other photographic sites.

Thanks anyway

Rosemary
Old 10-30-2013, 10:40 PM

What is the purpose of permitting larger files to be uploaded if they can't be viewed at the larger dimensions once uploaded?
Old 10-30-2013, 05:48 PM
TE Expert

Exclamation New size pictures in the new version

Hi
The new size pictures is not visible in the actual version of Trekearth
Only it's visible on the Beta version

It's same if I use Google Chrome or Firefox
Best regards

سعيد
Old 10-30-2013, 07:39 PM
TE official

Hello Didi,
is this the same problem as described in this thread? http://www.trekearth.com/forums/showthread.php?t=911767.

Thanks!
Old 10-30-2013, 11:25 PM
TE Expert

Default Yes

Hi Alex
It's the same problem
It's very strange that it's OK in the Beta version only.
I Logged with Firefox and Chrome and the problem is same
Kind regards

سعيد
Old 10-30-2013, 11:43 PM
TE official

I wish I had a better answer here but I hear from IT we are not currently planning to change it. http://www.trekearth.com/forums/showthread.php?t=911767.
The viewable photo size has been the same for years with no issues and there is a risk that changing it now might cause many technical problems.
Warm regards, Alex