Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Forum Feedback and Support

Notices

Old 10-11-2013, 10:15 AM
TE Expert

Default no recent activity

Here's another technical problem, although not terribly important. I just discovered that "no recent activity" is recorded on my "home page". There is no mention of the 20 critiques I wrote yesterday, October 10.
I compared with some other members who write many critiques regularly and found the same glitch with several of them, although not everyone.
Gert
Old 10-11-2013, 11:35 AM
TE Expert

Post Me Too

Hi Gert
Yes this has also happened to me. No recent activity, despite the fact I wrote 20 critiques yesterday and posted a photo today.

Regards
Lisa
Old 10-11-2013, 07:42 PM
TE official

I got in touch with IT about it already and they are working to solve this problem. I will let you know once I hear back from them. Best! Alex
Old 10-16-2013, 03:44 AM
TE Expert

Only 3 items on my "Recent activity" window ! It used to be 10 for everyone. I have checked different overview pages and it's different every time : It goes from 3 to 5, 6, 9...
Thanks for looking into this.
Marie-Louise.
Old 10-16-2013, 06:08 PM
TE official

I just got the heads-up from the IT team. They say that the entire site is cronjob based, meaning that it is not real-time. They checked if recent changes record everything correctly in 24 hour intervals and they say everything looks fine. Is it the case also for you?
Old 10-16-2013, 08:17 PM
TE Expert

I don't quite understand what RECENT activity means.
Admittedly, I haven't been very active recently, but I have written 6 critiques since October 14th. Why do only 3 appear on my overview page ? Aliabazari hasn't been active since Sept 27th and has still got 10 items in RECENT ACTIVITY. I have noted many more examples like that.
Best regards.
MLDavies.

Last edited by maloutim; 10-16-2013 at 08:26 PM.
Old 12-01-2013, 08:15 AM
TE Junior Member

Default No Activity

Hi Mods/Teccies
On my home account page, Recent Activity is recorded as none. I've been on there every day this week; posted 2 photos in that time and 20 critiques yesterday. I noticed that other active members have the same issue. Can this be sorted? Thanks
Will
Old 12-01-2013, 08:26 AM
TE Expert

I started a thread called "no recent activity" several weeks ago but nothing happened. Neither administrators nor technicians seemed to understand what I was talking about. The repeated message was that everything was working well.
Gert
Old 12-03-2013, 12:24 AM
TE official

Yes, this is a duplicate of the existing thread- "no recent activity".
Our technicians were troubleshooting this issue but they couldn't reproduce it. Everything worked fine for them and me.
Holmertz, please remember that that TrekEarth is not a real-time website. It takes 24h to refresh the data.
If your recent activity is not recorded withing 24h, please try to refresh your browser and clear the cache.

In a meantime, I asked Tech team to check the issue again.

Thanks!
Alex
Old 12-03-2013, 09:12 AM
TE Expert

Dear Alex,

I can inform you that TrekEarth is partially a real-time website. What I do during the day is immediately registered among my "recent activities", and when I receive a critique from someone the points are immediately added to that particular photo.

However: A few minutes before 1 AM Pacific time, when my total points are added up, my "recent activities" go back to zero. Every recorded activity is deleted. The same thing happens to a lot of other members, but not to everyone, which makes it even stranger. On the other hand, many of those who have not been active at all for several years still have their last "recent activities" registered.

I have tried before to explain this but you don't seem to understand. Maybe my English is not good enough. I have already stated before that it's not important, just strange, so I won't bother you again.

Gert