Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Forum Feedback and Support

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 11:14 AM
TE Expert

Default A very strange anomaly! No reliability!

A very strange anomaly!

Now, neither the score nor the stability of critiques received from members is reliable!

_ Photo http://fr.trekearth.com/gallery/photo1355775.htm, posted on April 1, had received 20 critiques with green smileys, and 1 critique without smiley, totaling 40 points.

_ NOW! 6 CRITICS with green smileys have became 6 "COMMENTS" on the page of this photo, and no longer appear in CRITI QUES RECEIVED!!!

Graal (81136) 2012-04-02 0:56
pajaran (25550) 2012-04-01 22:44
shevchenko (16739) 2012-04-01 20:36
chrisvek (406) 2012-04-01 15:14
Sonata11 (14126) 2012-04-01 14:01
Zucca (2198) 2012-04-01 13:02
gildasjan (34436) 2012-04-01 12:34
Cricri (72095) 2012-04-01 11:42
josepmarin (49317) 2012-04-01 11:10
abmdsudi (13234) 2012-04-01 10:50
Budapestman (75070) 2012-04-01 9:35
ciakgiak (26902) 2012-04-01 8:06
cargus (3138) 2012-04-01 6:44
Sergiom (24902) 2012-04-01 4:54
pierrefonds (41609) 2012-04-01 4:53
ifege (7483) 2012-04-01 13:51 [Comment] NOW!
saxo042 (27512) 2012-04-01 12:06 [Comment] NOW!
patdeph (33691) 2012-04-01 11:48 [Comment] NOW!
jjcordier (49364) 2012-04-01 9:02 [Comment] NOW!
Nicou (81032) 2012-04-01 8:17 [Comment] NOW!
P-S-I-G (25242) 2012-04-01 4:02 [Comment] NOW!

I hope a normal operation, finally...
Why to continue to post with these multiple demotivating abnormalities?

Joël Berthonneau

Une anomalie très étrange!
Maintenant, ni le compte des points, ni la stabilité des critiques écrites par les membres n'est fiable!!!
_ La photo http://fr.trekearth.com/gallery/photo1355775.htm, postée le 1 avril, avait reçu 20 critiques avec smileys verts, et une critique sans smileys, qui totalisent 40 points.
_ MAINTENANT! 6 DES CRITIQUES avec smileys verts SE SONT TRANSFORMÉS en "COMMENTS" sur la page de cette photo, et N'APPARAISSENT PLUS dans les CRITI QUES RECEIVED!!!
J'espère un fonctionnement enfin normal.
À quoi bon continuer à poster, avec ces anomalies multiples et démotivantes.

Last edited by jlbrthnn; 04-02-2012 at 11:19 AM.
Old 04-02-2012, 11:30 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Porteplume

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlbrthnn View Post
A very strange anomaly!

Now, neither the score nor the stability of critiques received from members is reliable!

_ Photo http://fr.trekearth.com/gallery/photo1355775.htm, posted on April 1, had received 20 critiques with green smileys, and 1 critique without smiley, totaling 40 points.

_ NOW! 6 CRITICS with green smileys have became 6 "COMMENTS" on the page of this photo, and no longer appear in CRITI QUES RECEIVED!!!

I hope a normal operation, finally...
Why to continue to post with these multiple demotivating abnormalities?

Joël Berthonneau
Hi Joël,

It's not an anomaly, I have checked the photo you were pointed out and I could see that the "comments" were really comments, not critiques as should be by TOS.

NB: It can happen that critiques which are not at all real critiques are changed into "comments".
Old 04-02-2012, 12:12 PM
TE Expert

Default I do not believe my eyes

_ The picture referred to initially receive 40 points.

_ We are trying to convince me of the correctness of the return to 28 points??? Following the conversion of six critical comments! BY WHOM?

_ Reviews or comments? No users control the nature of the assessments received from members, about the pictures.

_ After numerous visits to the pages of other members, I have never seen such changes AFTER the allocation of points.

_ This is again an action frightening, that leaves me speechless.

_ My activity in TE is probably bad and insufficient in your opinion??? By this provocation, you want me to leave TE, say rather frankly.

_ La photo dont il est question à reçu initialement 40 points.

_ On essaie de me convaincre de la justesse du retour à 28 points??? Après la transformation de 6 critiques en commentaires! PAR QUI?

_ Critiques ou commentaires? Aucun membre ne maîtrise la nature des appréciations reçues des membres, au sujet des photos.

_ Après de nombreuses visites sur les pages d'autres membres, je n'ai jamais constaté de tels changements APRÈS l'affectation des points.

_ C'est encore une fois une action effarante, qui me laisse pantois.

_ Mon activité au sein de TE est probablement mauvaise et insuffisante selon vous??? Et par la provocation courageuse vous voulez me pousser au départ, dites le plutôt franchement.
Old 04-02-2012, 12:37 PM

This is not about points, this is about making a choice to give a critique or a comment.
There are many members complaining about the bad critiques generally given on TE and therefore I really think every member should know about the TOS and these rules:

Critiques:

1. Critiques are to be used for any critical or praiseworthy comments about the critiqued photo.
Members are encouraged to give constructive criticism and feedback for how photos can be improved. For all intended purposes, constructive criticism will be defined as “criticism or advice that is useful and intended to help or improve something, often with an offer of possible solutions” In other words “This photo sucks” is not considered constructive criticism

2. Critiques should include specific reasons as to why a photo is either good or needs improvement.

3. Overly general critiques i.e. Nice shot, Great, I like it a lot! etc. are prohibited and will be removed.

4. Critiques which include broad generalizations such as good composition, nice colors etc. should be marked as a comment. Such critiques may be marked as a comment. Writing excessive amounts of these general critiques may be removed, and the ability to write critiques may be disabled. (It will still be possible to write comments.)

5. Critiquing is one of the core aspects of TE/TL/TN and all helpful critiques are welcomed, however critiquing mostly friend/family members without critiquing others is unfair to the other members and breaches the community spirit of this site. Please critique fairly, as failure to do so may result in removal of critiques and/or ratings or account removal.

6 Email ombudsman@trekearth.com to complain about rude critiques or forum messages.

7 Critiques may not contain any mention of points to be given in the future. If you run out of points, feel free to continue writing thoughtful critiques without mention of points.

Comments:

1. Comments are general statements, words of support and encouragement. Use comments to leave general feedback like good composition, nice colors. Do not leave critiques here. For specific feedback, leave a Critique.

2. Comments must pertain to the photo, not to the photographer. This is not a place to leave messages for the user. Comments of that nature will be removed. Please use the contact option on the user’s page for personal messages.
Old 04-02-2012, 12:48 PM
TE Expert

Default Quel est le sens de cette réponse?

Quelle est cette leçon, suis je responsable des critiques ou commentaires des autres!!?
Répondez franchement, vous voulez que je parte!?
Old 04-02-2012, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlbrthnn View Post
Quelle est cette leçon, suis je responsable des critiques ou commentaires des autres!!?
Two critiques under the same photo but just one earns to be called a critique, which one?

Hi Robert
You have certainly captured the movement of the water and the warm glow on the far headland looks fantastic. The flowing water aspect of the shot works really well and the rocks are excellent inclusion providing excellent lead into the pict. This image exudes tranquility and, it feels like a beautiful place for contemplation. The sky is strong element with cloud formations are extremely attractive, as are the colours in the sky. Generally a very nice image with super colour and very restful. A superb capture and beautiful image with a great composition.
Warm regards

Salut Robert.
Splendid shot!!!
Really a good job, with a splendid result.
Great cheer.

Quote:
Répondez franchement, vous voulez que je parte!?
Absolument pas, Joël! Et ce très sincèrement. Votre participation en temps que photographe et critiqueur est grandement appréciée.
Mais le team des modérateurs se passerait volontiers de vos plaintes continuelles...
Old 04-03-2012, 06:35 AM
TE Expert

Hi, see the thread above:
A very strange anomaly! No reliability!
jlbrthnn

Joel reports that some critiques he got changed into comments and points disappeared. I can't guess if it is another example of the bug in the program or the mod intervention, as the reply suggests. (I think it is rather the bug).
Thanks for dealing with the issue
Emka.

Last edited by IBobi; 04-03-2012 at 05:14 PM. Reason: Moved to proper thread
Closed Thread