Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Announcements

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 09:27 PM
Super Moderator

Lightbulb Spring, flowers and TOS

Hi all
This message concerns all the members of TrekEarth and especially the "new ones".
Spring is time for great pictures but each of us must remember that the TOS does not allow close shots of flowers and/or plants.
Rule 5 of TOS: http://www.trekearth.com/terms.php As the purpose of TrekEarth is to learn about the world through photography, shots of common objects (like closeups of any flowers or plants, water droplets, toothbrushes etc.) tend not teach us anything without a suitable note (not a Wikipedia copy or else), so unless there's a suitable note they will be deactivated at the discretion of site moderators. If you wish to post these types of image please consider using our sister site TrekLens: http://www.treklens.com/

A solution
If you wish to post a flower in TE, it's possible to post it in a WS of your main subject.
And for your Easter wishes nothing prevents you from writing a few lines in the general forum with a link to your WS.

Thank you for your understanding.

Last edited by Moderator; 04-04-2010 at 08:36 AM. Reason: Misc
Old 04-03-2013, 03:56 PM

Bumped as a reminder.
Old 05-16-2013, 09:59 AM
TE Expert

Hi

The t.o.s. does NOT say "no flowers whatsoever". It says no closeups. I would hardly consider a standard lens view of 55mm, of over 100 tulips, in 3 different color layers, to be a "macro" or 'close up' shot. The t.o.s. also state that if a suitable note accompanies such an image, it will be permitted.

Still waiting on the courtesy of an email or reply, in regard to my deleted image. So far, I have had 20 likes in facebook for the deleted image, and 1 'hate' on TE. Maybe it's time I started looking for another website or start posting all of my future images on FB? And I no longer post on TL, because that site is poorly moderated and home to a few troublesome sociopaths who rarely post images but delight in stirring up trouble and scaring members away...

Really disappointed in the attitude of moderators here.

Last edited by ChrisJ; 05-16-2013 at 10:03 AM. Reason: edited spacing
Old 05-17-2013, 09:14 PM

Default Spring, flowers and TOS

The TOS does NOT say closeups. It says “As the purpose of TrekEarth is to learn about the world through photography, shots of COMMON OBJECTS (like closeups of any flowers or plants, water droplets, toothbrushes etc.) tend not teach us anything without a suitable note. “

Moreover, you accuse Moderators of being sociopats, i.e. affected by mental illness. Such an offensive insult raises doubts if you understand the meaning of courtesy.
Old 05-17-2013, 09:56 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Porteplume

I couldn't find the right words to express my feeling in the way the moderators have been treated lately but I fully agree with you, Ulf, thank you...

Viviane
Old 05-17-2013, 09:57 PM
TE Expert

Default Semantics

Quote:
The TOS does NOT say closeups. It says “As the purpose of TrekEarth is to learn about the world through photography, shots of COMMON OBJECTS (like closeups of any flowers or plants, water droplets, toothbrushes etc.) tend not teach us anything without a suitable note.“
A suitable note WAS attached. Since when has a standard lens of 55 mm been a macro / close up shot ? News to me. Stop playing semantics. No wonder so many TE members have left recently! You are driving them away with capricious & arbitrary decisions.

Quote:
Moreover, you accuse Moderators of being sociopats (sic), i.e. affected by mental illness. Such an offensive insult raises doubts if you understand the meaning of courtesy.
That's NOT what I said at all. I said that I no longer post on TL because it is poorly moderated and there are a couple of members there (Foxe's Hat for one) who drive other members away with constant barbs in the forums, & nasty comments on my posts and other members too, such as 'anyone who critiqued this image positively is a liar.' Do I have to post pm's in their entirety to a public forum to get through?

Guess I WILL be sending that complaint to the ombudsman. NO ONE IS LISTENING HERE. Worse still, they are deliberately distorting what I said to suit their own ends.

Last edited by ChrisJ; 05-17-2013 at 10:19 PM. Reason: EDIT
Old 05-17-2013, 10:09 PM
TE Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisJ View Post
I WILL be sending that complaint to the ombudsman.
Why to the ombudsman, Chris?
Go directly to The European Court of Human Rights
Closed Thread