like myself that aren't totally comfortable with what should or shouldn't be added in a critique
I think the point 14.1 in the TOS
is quite clear about what can be written as critique and what can't.
14. Discussion replies should address specific issues in a critique/comment. Excessive 'thank you' replies may be removed.
1. Critiques are to be used for any critical or praiseworthy comments about the critiqued photo.
2. Overly general critiques i.e. Nice shot, Great, I like it a lot! etc. are highly discouraged and may be removed.
3. Critiques must include specific reasons as to why a photo is either good or needs improvement.
4. Critiques which only include broad generalizations such as good composition, nice colors etc. should be marked as a comment. Writing these general critiques may be removed, and the ability to write critiques may be disabled. (It will still be possible to write comments.)
5. Critiquing is one of the core aspects of TrekEarth and all helpful critiques are welcomed, however critiquing mostly friend/family members without critiquing others is unfair to the other members and breaches the community spirit of this site. Please critique fairly, as failure to do so may result in removal of critiques and/or ratings or account removal.
6. Critiques may not contain any mention of points to be given in the future. If you run out of points, feel free to continue writing thoughtful critiques without mention of points.