View Single Post
Old 05-17-2013, 08:57 PM
TE Expert

Default Semantics

Quote:
The TOS does NOT say closeups. It says “As the purpose of TrekEarth is to learn about the world through photography, shots of COMMON OBJECTS (like closeups of any flowers or plants, water droplets, toothbrushes etc.) tend not teach us anything without a suitable note.“
A suitable note WAS attached. Since when has a standard lens of 55 mm been a macro / close up shot ? News to me. Stop playing semantics. No wonder so many TE members have left recently! You are driving them away with capricious & arbitrary decisions.

Quote:
Moreover, you accuse Moderators of being sociopats (sic), i.e. affected by mental illness. Such an offensive insult raises doubts if you understand the meaning of courtesy.
That's NOT what I said at all. I said that I no longer post on TL because it is poorly moderated and there are a couple of members there (Foxe's Hat for one) who drive other members away with constant barbs in the forums, & nasty comments on my posts and other members too, such as 'anyone who critiqued this image positively is a liar.' Do I have to post pm's in their entirety to a public forum to get through?

Guess I WILL be sending that complaint to the ombudsman. NO ONE IS LISTENING HERE. Worse still, they are deliberately distorting what I said to suit their own ends.

Last edited by ChrisJ; 05-17-2013 at 09:19 PM. Reason: EDIT