Thread: Slow down
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 02:55 PM

Default Farewell, Pablo?

I am sorry to appear to be keeping this often ugly thread going, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablominto View Post
This is for you australian guy, just to get things right, I did not leave TE because I had an image deleted, I’ve had many images removed up through the years and couldn’t care that much.
Just to get things right, Pablo, if it's me you are referring to, since I seem to be the only Australian male on this thread, I didn't say or even imply that you left TE because you had an image deleted, nor did I criticise you for leaving. I well remember your announcing your departure and the reason for it.

Quote:
Maybe some of you remember the tsunami hitting northeast Japan some time ago, killing almost 20.000 people? One of our fellow TE members living in that area posted an image in memory of his fellow countrymen and neighbours, an image that was deleted by a TE moderator and she didn’t even understand what she had done…
But Viviane did come very quickly to regret her mistake, and to apologise in a forum, admitting she was 'deeply ashamed'. Your words are hollow.

If you read my post carefully, I said
I don't try to exonerate present or past moderators for errors of judgment that may have been made

Contrary to what you say, moderators do recognise their capacity for making errors of judgment and other mistakes. As Benny has said, 'no one is perfect'.
Some members would like to make those mistakes into hanging offences.

Quote:
Then I realized I was dealing with the lesser gifted here, and eventually left the site.
'Lesser gifted' than whom... Pablo?

As if there were any doubt. You give yourself away!

Quote:
As I said, do continue attacking me if that makes you feel better!
if that makes you feel better??! For heaven's sake, this is how petulant children talk.

The only thing I criticised was the fact that after supposedly leaving TE, you and Joel crudely exploited a good post from Malgo to lash the moderators and blame them entirely for whatever woes you observe on TE.

Sure, the moderation and the TOS have no doubt caused some members, like yourself, to leave - whether justified or not - but there's enough evidence in this thread that other members think there are various reasons for the decline in photo uploads - which was the topic of the original post by Malgorzata. What I was trying to show is that the same kinds of problems surely affect photofolia, and probably the other sites you have tried out. Maybe I didn't do a good job of that because I was angered by your denigration of the mods.

You may have left TE because of a moderator's action, but surely there were different reasons why you left photofolia or other photo sites. You could acknowledge the reasons and stop pretending they don't affect members of TE as well.

Quote:
you don’t even realize there is a problem.
Untrue; I acknowledged the the existence of a problem. In fact I said
Finally, perhaps the site itself does need some changes, and constructive suggestions would go a lot further to improve the site than absurdly blaming the Moderators for everything.

Quote:
The trek system needs a thorough reorganizing, with new brushes all over
True; TE and the other sites badly need rejuvenation and reorganisation. TL and TN in particular look tired, old-fashioned and alienating and they aren't integrated effectively with TE. The categories of photos and the TOS should be discussed and updated. New ideas need to be injected. I hope the members have some good ones.

Pablo, if you don't have anything constructive to offer the forums, please make good, belatedly, on the announcement of your departure. Goodnight and goodbye.

Edit: Lisa, I think he was referring to me. I'm sure the epithet 'australian guy' is, in Pablo's mind, the worst of all insults, but I don't mind! Your contributions are appreciated.

Last edited by macondo; 11-02-2012 at 03:11 PM.