The TrekEarth Forums

The TrekEarth Forums (http://www.trekearth.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forum Feedback and Support (http://www.trekearth.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Image size (http://www.trekearth.com/forums/showthread.php?t=916966)

emka 01-15-2014 02:55 PM

Image size

Hi, For years the size of the picture was very small and it was a serious limitation. Now the size can be as big as we wish. So I see the pictures with more than 6000 kb and I do not know how many pixels. But what is the sense of such big shots? In the www version it is still not much bigger as before, but with better quality. But in beta version... when I must do a lot of scrolling, both right-left and up and down, I do not see the important part of the picture - the composition. Often I can't see the note, either. So, sorry, then I just do not look at the image. In my opinion, the best is 1200-1400 pixels wide. What do you think about it?

WArm regrads Malgo

SnapRJW 01-15-2014 03:09 PM

Beta Version

Hello Malgo - I completely agree with your observation wrt the beta site. I upload a bigger shot specifically for viewing on that version but make sure that it fits the page. I get really frustrated when I see massive shots posted as I have to scroll up and down or back and forth or look at the shot on the newer version of TE. I have participated in a few threads wrt the 'newer' upload options and remain of the opinion that clearer instructions should be given and that the upload size for the beta version should be limited to the 1200-1400px size you mention. In an ideal world it would be great to have the whole TE site revamped to bring it more in line with the more sophisticated and attractive designs of other sites. This though doesn't appear to be an idea that the site owners have any appetite for.

I have got to the stage where I don't bother with scrolling through a massive image unless it is posted by someone whose work I follow or whose TN looks exceptional. Then I usually switch to the newer version of TE... not very user friendly but there is little option.

Take care

Rosemary

Keitht 01-15-2014 05:24 PM

On the main site, not the beta one, if you right click on the image you may see "View image" or similar depending on which browser you use. Click on that and a larger version with be displayed. If the main image is even larger you will see a magnifying glass and can enlarge it yet again.
Like most people on the site I can't for the life of me see what the benefit is of posting such massive images - it just encourage image theft.

emka 01-15-2014 08:07 PM

Hi, Indeed, in Firefox it is OK, in www site View image shows bigger and in beta - smaller, every time it fits the screen. Then there is no problem. But in Google Chrom there is no option View image. Maybe I just should change to Firefox? But I do not like it. But anyway, such big images are useless, even if they are allowed.

Thanks

Malgo