The TrekEarth Forums

The TrekEarth Forums (http://www.trekearth.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forum Feedback and Support (http://www.trekearth.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   no recent activity (http://www.trekearth.com/forums/showthread.php?t=911715)

holmertz 10-11-2013 10:15 AM

no recent activity

Here's another technical problem, although not terribly important. I just discovered that "no recent activity" is recorded on my "home page". There is no mention of the 20 critiques I wrote yesterday, October 10.
I compared with some other members who write many critiques regularly and found the same glitch with several of them, although not everyone.
Gert

delpeoples 10-11-2013 11:35 AM

Me Too

Hi Gert
Yes this has also happened to me. No recent activity, despite the fact I wrote 20 critiques yesterday and posted a photo today.

Regards
Lisa

IBAlex 10-11-2013 07:42 PM

I got in touch with IT about it already and they are working to solve this problem. I will let you know once I hear back from them. Best! Alex

maloutim 10-16-2013 03:44 AM

Only 3 items on my "Recent activity" window ! It used to be 10 for everyone. I have checked different overview pages and it's different every time : It goes from 3 to 5, 6, 9...
Thanks for looking into this.
Marie-Louise.

IBAlex 10-16-2013 06:08 PM

I just got the heads-up from the IT team. They say that the entire site is cronjob based, meaning that it is not real-time. They checked if recent changes record everything correctly in 24 hour intervals and they say everything looks fine. Is it the case also for you?

maloutim 10-16-2013 08:17 PM

I don't quite understand what RECENT activity means.
Admittedly, I haven't been very active recently, but I have written 6 critiques since October 14th. Why do only 3 appear on my overview page ? <a href="http://fr.trekearth.com/members/aliabazari/"> Aliabazari </a> hasn't been active since Sept 27th and has still got 10 items in RECENT ACTIVITY. I have noted many more examples like that.
Best regards.
MLDavies.

IBAlex 10-16-2013 08:21 PM

Ml Davies, did you write the other three critiques within the last 24 hours? If yes, they will eventually appear. Tech team says that it takes 24h for the site to process the info and add it to Recent Activity as the site is not real- time. Best, Alex!

holmertz 10-17-2013 09:43 AM

There seems to be no logic involved in which activities that are recorded and which are not, neither are activities added up properly once every 24 hours.

Yesterday, October 16, I wrote 12 critiques but only 6 are recorded as "recent activity". I checked up some other members and found that saxo042 had written 20 critiques the same day but none of them are recorded as recent activity. Emka, usually very active but now on a journey, has one recent activity on October 12, but nothing from the days before.

I also checked haphazardly some members who have been only occasionally active in recent times. Smarcell has 10 activities between August 19 and October 15, pastadog 10 activities between July 16 and August 23, tusharkmandal 10 activities between September 9 and October 13.

Until last week "no recent activity" indicated that a certain member had not participated in any way for years. Then, approximately October 10, something happened.

It all looks very chaotic and reminds me of the period one or two years ago when certain members' critiques didn't add any points at all.

Gert

IBAlex 10-18-2013 12:10 AM

IT is checking it right now but they are reporting that everything works fine on their end...bizarre...I will check it on my own now by writing critiques of your pictures. This is going to be a test:)

Test completed: everything seems to be fine for me as well. Not sure how to solve this now.

maloutim 10-18-2013 07:26 AM

As for my "recent activity", it seems to be solved now that I have written more critiques. I'll see if it goes on in time.
Thanks for your concern.
Marie-Louise.