The TrekEarth Forums

The TrekEarth Forums (http://www.trekearth.com/forums/index.php)
-   General (http://www.trekearth.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Image removal and review - the process (http://www.trekearth.com/forums/showthread.php?t=845048)

Keitht 12-30-2010 08:42 PM

Image removal and review - the process

I thought it might be helpful to members to provide an outline of what happens when an image is seen in the Gallery which one of the mods thinks breaks the Terms of Service (TOS).

If the mod is pretty certain the TOS have been broken then the image will be immediately deactivated and an e-mail sent to the member. In many instances the mod will have concerns but not be certain and then will post a link to the image in the Moderators Area of the forum and ask for other opinions. Depending on the outcome of the discussion the image may or may not be removed. Again, if it is removed an e-mail is sent to the member.

All members have the right to request a review of the image removal and to provide reasons they believe the image should be reinstated. All such review requests are discussed by the mods. It must be accepted that this can take some time, possibly even a number of days, as the mods are all volunteers and only have limited time to visit the site.

Once a final decision has been made, the member will be notified of the decision and, generally no further discussion will be entered into on the subject.

It should be noted that the only way to have an image removal considered is to send in a Review Request as detailed in the e-mail. Complaining in the General Forum, or elsewhere, cannot have any effect as we (the mods) only have access to the original image and notes if a Review Request is received.

I hope this helps shed a little light on what some seem to consider the workings of 'The Dark Side'. :)

SnapRJW 01-24-2011 01:31 PM

Image Removal

Hiello Keith - I had an image removed 24 hours ago and have not yet received an email informing why. Is this an automatic process?

Regards Rosemary

Keitht 01-24-2011 03:26 PM

When an image is removed an e-mail is automatically generated giving the reason for removal. If you haven't received the notification there are a number of possible reasons, the most likely being an over-enthusiastic spam filter on your e-mail system so check for anything being held either within your own e-mail or on the server of your provider. Another possibility is a change of e-mail address after registering with TE. If contact details aren't up to date it will obviously cause problems.

SnapRJW 01-24-2011 06:30 PM

Please resend

Hi Keith - No change of contact details and absolutely no problem with spam filter or service provider. Can you resend the mail please? Thanks Rosemary

Keitht 01-24-2011 08:54 PM

I don't know if it's possible to re-send the e-mail. I'll ask.

SnapRJW 01-29-2011 05:44 AM

WRT Removal of Image

Hi Keith - Any news on re-send the email with rasons for my image removal? Take care
Rosemary

macondo 01-29-2011 06:12 AM

Your deleted photo

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnapRJW (Post 1165832)
Hi Keith - Any news on re-send the email with rasons for my image removal? Take care
Rosemary

Hi Rosemary
I've had a look through the recently deleted photos and found yours. I'll send you a private email explaining the reason.
Regards,
Andrew

Glint 01-29-2011 08:31 AM

Image removal process

Thankyou for explaining the image removal process. This seems very fair to me and after due process has been observed I think members should take the decision on the chin (accept it).I have had a couple of photos removed in the past and although I felt irritated (that's a natural reaction I would say), accepted the reasoning behind the decisions.I could have gone on responding to their removal with yeh but, yeh but, yeh but -but I have more constructive ways of spending my time on site. Someone has to make decisions on this site and that's the mods. Let's get on with taking photos and honing our critiquing and workshop skills.
I think this site is best served by showing a generosity of spirit to each other and the moderators.
Bev

paololg 01-29-2011 11:38 AM

Explanations

ENGLISH
Only one time I have received an explanation for a my deleted photo. All of my photos deleted in the last years have been accompanied by a mail (automatic?) what say that I had broken the rules giving a generic explanation (automatic also that?). Every time (except once) that I have explained my reasons I have not had ever answered. My irritation has been great, not only for the cancelled photo, but above all for the way. Fortunately, lately I have not had cancelled photo anymore, perhaps because I post only postcards to be sure not to be deleted (is a bit simplistic for a great site of photos like TE).
I keep on seeing in the home page of TE photo of flowers and animals (also macro) like characteristic photo. Mine are always been cancelled, even if the notes didn't entirely concern only the subject. The explanation of the cancellation has been that I had to publish it in TN or TL.
However, I appreciate the explanations on the forum of Keitht and I consider it usefull. Thanks!
Paolo

ITALIAN
Solo una volta io ho ricevuto una spiegazione per una foto cancellata. Tutte le mie foto cancellate negli anni scorsi sono state solamente accompagnate da una mail (automatica?) che diceva che io avevo rotto le regole dando una spiegazione generica (automatica anche quella?). Tutte le volte (eccetto una volta) che io ho spiegato le mie ragioni io non ho mai avuto risposta. La mia irritazione stata grande, non solo per la fotografia cancellata, ma soprattutto per il modo. Fortunatamente, ultimamente io non ho pi avuto foto cancellate, forse perch io posto solo cartoline per essere sicuro di non essere cancellato ( un p riduttivo per un grande sito di foto come TE).
Io continuo a vedere nella home page di TE foto di fiori e animali (anche macro) come foto caratteristiche. Le mie sono sempre state cancellate, anche se le note non riguardavano unicamente il soggetto. La spiegazione della cancellazione stata che io dovevo pubblicarla in TN o TL.
Comunque io apprezzo l'interveto sul forum di Keitht e lo ritengo utile. Grazie!
Paolo

Keitht 01-29-2011 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paololg (Post 1165882)
ENGLISH

I keep on seeing in the home page of TE photo of flowers and animals (also macro) like characteristic photo.

Many of the image displayed on the Home Page were posted on TE before the various changes to the TOS over the years. Also, as has been explained many times, the mods can't view every image posted so there will always be those that slip through the net.