The TrekEarth Forums

The TrekEarth Forums (http://www.trekearth.com/forums/index.php)
-   Announcements (http://www.trekearth.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   New Scavenger Hunt Area (http://www.trekearth.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19574)

adam 06-06-2004 09:00 AM

New Scavenger Hunt Area

A new Scavenger Hunt area has been implemented, replacing the previous Themes based scavenger hunt. To view it, please click 'Gallery' and then the <a href="/scavhunt.php">Scav Hunt</a> tab, located next to the Themes tab.

Some of the new changes and features:

1. Ability to browse all items in a hunt by member.
2. Ability to browse all photos for a specific item.
3. A stats page to see how many items each member has completed, and a list and optional description of each hunt item.
4. All hunts are archived for easy viewing later on.

To kick off this new scavenger hunt feature, a great new hunt has been kindly created by <a href="/members/Darren/">Darren</a>. He also came up with the hunt idea, as well as coming up with the now archived April hunt. Please see <a href="/read.php?f=1&t=18806&m=35886">this thread</a> for his posts on the hunts.

Note that the idea behind the scavenger hunt is to motivate us to get out and take some new images. And so all photos posted to a hunt must be taken during the hunt time frame.

Please let me know if you find any problems or have suggestions on how to improve this new Scavenger Hunt feature. Thanks.

Vagabond 06-08-2004 06:43 PM

Re: New Scavenger Hunt Area

Dear Friends

Congratulations for your nice idea.
How many pictures is it possible for one member to post in any of the items suggested in any Hunt? I tried to post a second picture in a given Item (Reflections) and it was refused by your Computers.

Kind regards

Rui Monteiro Santos (Vagabond)

adam 06-08-2004 11:01 PM

"I tried to post a second picture in a given Item (Reflections) and it was refused by your Computers."

It's one post per item.

mdchachi 07-06-2004 06:28 PM

> And so all photos posted to a hunt must be taken during the hunt time frame.

Do you mean "taken and uploaded"? If I take four hunt pictures on 7/31 for the summer '04 hunt, I won't be able to get all of them into the hunt, right?

adam 07-07-2004 08:54 AM

"If I take four hunt pictures on 7/31 for the summer '04 hunt, I won't be able to get all of them into the hunt, right?"

Yes, that's right.

langaloo 07-08-2004 09:56 PM

Making it longer, I just bought my first digital camera, please.

dom_inik_m 07-19-2004 10:44 PM

Deadline soon...

This message may look utterly stupid or ignorant, but I can live with that!
All information I've been able to gather concerns how to see submissions to the scavenger hunt. But all options I've yet been proposed refers to what I'd call "normal" features of Trek Earth (as far as I've been able to pick up), like genre or categories... and everything I've read or infered seems directed to some happy fews (a lot of them, I agree), not to brand new potential participants unfamiliar with the rather cryptic navigation of this Web site.
So... how do I post pictures refering to this particular matter?
12 images to transfer, 13 days to go : a real challenge, from now on! Please let me know... ;-)

adam 07-19-2004 10:48 PM

Re: Deadline soon...

"how do I post pictures refering to this particular matter?"

Click 'Add to Hunt' link towards top-left while viewing the photo you'd like to add to the hunt.

dom_inik_m 07-19-2004 11:08 PM

Thanks a million for your almost faster than the speed of light answer! ;-)
But the solution is still tricky in terms of ergonomy andwould require some serious thinking to optimize it.
Well, I need to finalize my image, now.
More to come, soon. At least, I hope...

adam 07-19-2004 11:17 PM

OK, I'll have my UI team take a look at it and see if they can make it more user-friendly in the future. Thanks. :)