PDA

View Full Version : Some Workshop Photo Display Changes

adam
06-01-2003, 12:04 PM
The 'Compare' option is now displayed under all workshop thumbnail photos in the 'Photos' Forum. The 'Thumbnails' view is also displayed next to 'Compare', which is useful when more than one workshop photo has been posted.

AdrianW
06-01-2003, 09:31 PM
Another improvement that actually <i>is</i> an improvement - excellent job!

Suggestion about Workshops/Compare - not sure how easy it would be to implement, but if the pictures are landscape format I tend to view them Top-Bottom, and if they're portrait Side-by-side. Would it be possible to set a default based on width/height ration? Not sure whether anyone else does that though ;-)

Also would it be possible to add a back to thumbnails link when do the one-click workshop? Currently the only navigation possible is to use the back button on the browser... Not even clicking on the TE logo will bring you back to the rest of the site!

adam
06-02-2003, 08:06 AM
"Would it be possible to set a default based on width/height ration?"

OK, I did this, but I tend to prefer side-by-side since I have have a high resolution set on a 19" monitor. If people have problems with the new way, I can always change it back.

I have also changed the display of Workshops, green text on the tan background was way too weird. It now matches the overall look and feel of the site.

"Currently the only navigation possible is to use the back button on the browser..."

Well, it should pop up a new browser window, and so it shouldn't be possible to use the back button at all. Unless I misunderstood something?

AdrianW
06-02-2003, 07:30 PM
Ummm... How did I not notice that it opened in a new window? <shakes head> Not sure why it does though - surely it would be better to use the same window, and have a link back to the thumbnails? Pop-up windows only confuse IMO.

Thanks for changing the default behaviour of the workshop! I also like the way we can now find out (on the front page) who linked to the image as their favourite - nice job :-D

adam
06-03-2003, 10:39 AM
"it would be better to use the same window"

Yes, definitely, (I tried this initially) but in order to get rid of the left hand panel, I needed to do this. If I can figure out a way, I'll change it so it opens in the same window.

"I also like the way we can now find out (on the front page) who linked to the image as their favourite"

That is sort of a test. I can display that '*' symbol next to every thumbnail photo. Would anyone want to see that in the main Gallery section? Or would that make things too cluttered?

AdrianW
06-03-2003, 08:42 PM
I for one would love to see it in the main Gallery too! I'm glad you've added it to the photos themselves - that's really useful. The curiousity was killing me ;-)

Excellent job once again!

adam
06-04-2003, 11:00 AM
"would love to see it in the main Gallery too"

OK, I plan on adding this in by tomorrow. Thanks for the feedback.