PDA

View Full Version : Manali- Leh Road Trip in India, July-2008

hgupta
01-11-2008, 05:15 PM
Dear Friends,

As many of you know that "Leh" is one of the most adventurous and beautiful places in Himalayas in India. After carrying a dream for almost 10 ears I made my first road trip in July 2007 with my wife and two kids and took some lovely pictures which I am posting now days (you can see them in my profile). However the region is huge and there is still enough to explore.
I am lanning a trip again and inviting all the fellow TErs from all over the world to come along and join me on this world famous route which is full of beauty and adventure and definitely will create a memory you'll always cherish.
The idea is very open.....as this route is open only between Late June to Late September so I have kept tentatively July as the month to be there.
How many? No ideas...lets see how many people are actually interested.
Based on the response we can make plan to get together arrange accomodations and ravel plans.....
So Do write in and please forward any ideas you guys have.
Anyone wana talk to me ....please call me at +919888121777.

Hope to find manu of you there.
Regards,

Hemant

soledad
01-12-2008, 12:28 PM
Hi Hemant !!

It was really wonderful to know that you had been planning a trip exactly the one I was having in my mind and around the same time.By the way,I was still wondering if starting from Manali would be better or you would like to go there starting from Kalpa then Nako,Tabo,Kaza,Jispa,Kelong and so on because you would be able to see the Kunzum Pass,Baralacha Pass on the way.
Anyway,thanks a lot for comming up with this nobel plan,and I would looking forward to hear more from you about your opinion on this.
Just know that I am interested. By the way,I can make you available about 5 people at the most.
Hoping to hear from you soon

Regards
Paul

hgupta
01-13-2008, 12:15 PM
Hi Paul,

Great to hear your response. The route which have planned is the ne I have seen and also requires least amount o time. In December, 2006 I made a small 4 days trip to Kalpa. It is a beautiful place, but in my openion that in iself is a different circuit where one can start from Chandgarh and go to Rekong Peo, then further deep into deep Spiti Valley covering Kunzum Pass and can also visit Chandra Taal and finish at Manali.

This route i.e. Manali- Leh is approximately 475 Kms in length and takes two days to cover. We'll cross 5 passes including world's second highest motorable pass and also the Baralacha Pass. (You can see the picture in my page includin Deepak Taal near Baralacha La". You can speak to your friends , lets discuss it as we have time. Moreover there is further a lot to see beyond Leh and it all depends how much we have. am planning a trip of around 10 to 15 days. In my las trip we spent 10 days including travelling.
Lets explore further. Call me anytime s we can ponder further. I I happen to be in Delhi in between, I think I'll be there many times lets meet over a cuppa.
I think a group of 20 people in 4-5 vehicles should be great.
Regards,

Hemant

roadrunner57
01-16-2008, 09:45 PM
Hi Hemant,
here's someone else interested ! however, i'm not sure if my plans would fit in with yours, or yours with mine.
actually, i'm quite open to suggestions, i'd just have the following definite plans: we, that is myself and my 15-year-old son, will arrive in Delhi probably the 28th or 29th june and i want to spend a few days in/near Dhramsalah, visiting my godchild at the SOS Tibetan Childrens Village in Gopalpur, if possible around the 6th july, as that's the Dalai Lama's birthday and usually they have celebrations and festivities at the TCV then.
i was actually planning to fly from Delhi to Leh, spend a few days there and then drive via Sarchu and Manali to Dharamsalah and go on from there back to Delhi via Amritsar. i'd need to be back in Delhi around july 11, as i wanna fly to Kathmandu and take a trip to Tibet from there.
so that would give me abt. 2 weeks altogether in Himachal Pradesh and Ladakh.
depending on your plans, maybe we could meet in Leh and i could join you at least for a part of your trip, or maybe i could do the trip vice-versa
ending in Leh and then fly to Delhi or go back by road, rail, etc....
what do you think ?
regards, Gabriela

hgupta
01-27-2008, 03:28 PM
Hi Gabriela,

Apologies for the delayed reply. Your program seems perfect except that its lil' hectic, but then whatever suits you best. M dates are still not finalised and I am sure till the very las days it'll depend on atual road conditions between Manali and Leh. Normall road opens end of June, but then its aways better to be sure.
We'll surely try to catch you in Leh and we can travel some part together depending upon our timings. However you are most welcome to couchsurf with us either when you are goin to Mcleodganj (its my family;s fav destination) and may be we can make a weekened trip together (its 210 Kms 4 hours drive from my city) or while visiting Amritsar as it is part of my state and just 140 Kms from my home town we can all drive there together.
Do let us know and lets keep in touch till you actually reach here.
My email id is guptahemant22@yahoo.com and number is +919888121777.
Regards,

Hemant

yashexpedition
02-08-2008, 10:36 AM
hello sir i can give you best package tour for your group
NAME OF TOUR : - INDIA-TIBET-TOUR
CODE :- YE2008/6
pickup from airport to hotel in delhi over night in delhi hotel regent 5 star hotel
day 2 morning by train shatabdi exp. 6.20am to chandigarh 10.30am pickup from railway station to shimla by mini bus
6 hrs drive visit mugal gardhen in pinjor evening arrive shimla check in heritage hotel in shimla woldbilla place.
day 3 shimla to kalpa 8-9 hrs. drive check in hotel kinnaur kalash hotel
day 4 kalpa to kaza vai nako lake,taboo mounestry stey in banjra retreat {camp}
day 5 kaza to keylong {jispa} stey in hotel jispa 7-8 hrs. drive
day 6 jispa to leh checkin hotel spic n spain
day 7 sight seeing tour ,hemis , shey, tikesy ,leh place , back to hotel
day 8 full day tour to pangong lake back to hotel
day 9 morning drop at airport dep. to delhi
day 10 pickup airport to hotel and drop
the cost go to per pax 70 USD per day
cost included :- transportation in deluxe mini bus with all sight seeing tour
accommodation in hotel with breakfast {CP BASE}
pickup and drop air port
inner line permit for travel in kinnaur aand ladakh

opp. if you need guide 20 USD per days for oprate the all tour
and also i can give airticket also leh to delhi around 130 USD per pax
if you like my plane you can tell me by mail and whats your plane please tell me

jagdish
YASH EXPEDITION
COMPLIT TRAVEL HOUSE
Post box no. 110,Hotel Shangrila near ibex market the mall manali
Himachal Pradesh-175131
Phone :- +919816054053
+911902-251953
e-mail :- yashexpedition@hotmail.com
visit us :- yashexpedition.com

rohannanda
05-21-2008, 12:49 PM
hi,all

i along with a bunch of 5 to 6 friends are planning to hit leh via manali.only that we were thinking of the route from marhi-chandra valley-keylong-darcha-sarchu-leh.also i was interested in spending a night in palamo which falls in between and is a beautiful site.you know this way i'll be able to cover baralacha paas,nakeela paas,lachulung paas,taglang paas...not to forget GATTA LOOPS which has 21 loops...althogh we are planning to start in mid june considering the fact that july onwards leh becomes a tourist trap.
Anyhow my dates are still tentative,but i guess its gonna be fun if arond 20 people together start and complete the journey.

P.s anyone who has suggestions may write at rohannanda17@yahoo.com.would really appreciate.
regards,
rohan