PDA

View Full Version : TE Info

Mrg
01-18-2004, 01:08 AM
Hi
Is it possible to see what are the most rated pictures (with more points), and the member with more points?
Thanks!

Opus
01-18-2004, 01:24 AM
Other sites have things such as most critiques written, most workshop help, average rating per image, highest rated images, highest of the week, month, pix chosen people's 'favorite' most often, etc.
Any or all of these might add more interest and attention with both old and new members.

As if Adam wasn't busy enough!

BobTrips
01-18-2004, 01:52 AM
Points and rankings tend to turn photography into a competitive sport. Even without 'Best ofs' we've had a share of problems and fights.

I'm for trying to keep this a helping community.

Opus
01-18-2004, 02:04 AM
I certainly understand that.

joso
01-19-2004, 06:04 PM
going to Members/Critique you can have an aproximativ list about, based on the number of critiques written by one

Coyote
01-19-2004, 06:36 PM
I agree with Bob. We've been through this discussion before, several times, in fact. It seems to always come back to the competetive aspect and we needn't have that here. And we have had some anger and hurt feelings- that's "one" of the reasons I turned my points off. (Only my perspective, I'm not advocating anyone else does).
Let's try to maintain the "help" standard we now have.

joseelias
01-19-2004, 08:08 PM
Olá Marco. A questão dos pontos é muito polémica no TE pois por vezes a atitude competitiva leva a que se esqueça um dos principais objectivos do site que é dar a conhecer o mundo através da fotografia, bem como leva a esquecer outro dos objectivos que é a entreajuda através das críticas e conselhos.

Por esse motivo existe alguma resistência em criar esse ranking. De qualquer forma se listares por membros com mais criticas verás com facilidade que estes são os que acumulam mais pontos. No TE a participação é “recompensada” com atenção e isso traduz-se em pontos. Como podes ver nem sempre é um indicador fiável.

E qualquer forma se quiseres ver algumas das fotos mais populares podes ver o meu tema “Great photos – pleasure to the eyes” onde juntei fotos com mais de 35 pontos pois considero que com esta pontuação já reflectem “alguma” qualidade fotográfica. O tema não está completo, e existem concerteza muito mais grandes fotos que não atingiram esta barreira (quando existiam menos membros no site para criticar por exemplo).
Hi Marco. The point question is very controversial in TE because sometimes the competitive attitude tends to make people forget one of the main objectives of the site which is to show the world through photography, as well the friendly attitude between each other which is expressed through critiques and advises.

Because of this there’s some resistance in creating that ranking. Anyway if you list the members with the most critiques written you’ll see easily that these are the one’s that accumulate the most points. In TE participation is “rewarded” with attention and that is translated in points. As you can see that’s not always an accurate indicator.

Anyway if you want to see some of the most popular photos you can watch my theme “Great photos – pleasure to the eyes” where I put together photos with over 35 points because I consider that this rating already reflect “some” photographic quality. The theme is incomplete, and I’m sure there are much more great photos that haven’t reached this barrier (for example when there was less members in the site to critique).

mdchachi
01-19-2004, 10:23 PM
As the others have already mentioned, this functinonality is not available by design. This site is about photos, not about points.

fotofreak
01-20-2004, 05:09 AM
This may be helpful. There is a theme called:
<a href="http://www.trekearth.com/themes.php?thid=768">Great photos - Pleasure to the eyes</a>

In here is a collection of some popular photos, with high points. Hope this helps!