PDA

View Full Version : reposting

kevinos
10-06-2007, 06:31 AM
Sorry, Can anyone tell me how to repost an altered version of ones own image. This has already been uploaded as a workshop.
I know this must have been asked a thousand times and that there must be answers on file already, but, believe me, I have entered "repost" and 'reposting" into the search and not come up with any instructions. I have done it before, but now I fail. I go into my account, go to manage, then to the picture itself, then the problem starts, there is not repost option. If I open the pciture, I get a repost option but when I select it, it says the pictue already exists. Of course it does, I have placed it in workshop already. Why am I so stupid?

kinginexile
10-06-2007, 08:06 AM
Why am I so stupid?
----------------------

Because we wouldn't luv ya any other way, Kevin! :-)))

PS: BTW, do you know somone who wants these 2 pts I am trying to get rid of? Laurent, maybe? re-:-)))

siolaw
10-06-2007, 08:20 AM
Hi Kevin,
There is no Repost' option one one's own workshop... The Reposting is only for the main post.. You can repost by clicking 'manage' then you have Edit, Re post and Delete... Choose Re post!! ;D
Laurent

kevinos
10-06-2007, 08:53 AM
Thanks Laurent, but I did it before. I edited a picture and then posted the edited version as a re post. The new image came up with RP next to it's title.

siolaw
10-06-2007, 09:08 AM
Hi.. Can you remember on which one you did it?
Laurent

kevinos
10-06-2007, 09:55 AM
I can't find my own,Laurent, but this is one David did recently. It has the RP letters next to it's title. Maybe David will tell me how he did it. he he.Incidentally, can you see that Marilyn's lesson in making clickable links has finally worked?
<A HREF="http://www.trekearth.com/gallery/photo565512.htm">David's picture

AdrianW
10-06-2007, 01:33 PM
You won't see repost next to a Workshop; if you want to do it, download the image to your computer, and then upload it back. The "picture already exists" message means there's already an image of that name in your folder; just rename it and you should be back in business :)

kevinos
10-06-2007, 11:12 PM
Thanks Adrian. But I did all that. The reason that they say the file exists already is that I have already uploaded the edited picture, just as you said. It exists in the workshop. What I can't do it place the edited version in my gallery, to replace the original one. Regards kevin

AdrianW
10-07-2007, 12:32 AM
Are you sure you tried renaming it? I'm fairly certain that's the solution...

siolaw
10-07-2007, 02:42 AM
David's picture is the repost of his first TE post... not of a previous workshop...
Laurent