PDA

View Full Version : Boracay - Philippines

david
08-13-2007, 06:12 AM
I'm heading to Boracay for 5 days in September.

I've already had a look at some of the great photos.

Anyone here been to Boracay and can make a few recommendations? hotels, things to do, things to see, shooting advice, anything???

Cheers

David

infrastellar
02-06-2008, 11:47 AM
Hi, Boracay is a small island and you dont need to know anything before arrival. So you will have plenty of time exploring the island on your own or via any tour agency overe there offering tours with snorcheling.

some pictures:
http://photo.infrastellar.net/country.php?id=8

vca3210
03-09-2008, 08:09 AM
Hi David
Boracay is at the moment the Philippine's number 1 destination.
It is one hour away by plane from Manila. The tourism industry in Boracay is well developed so you can just fly there without having to know anything before hand. The accomodation offering in the island is plentiful and it ranges from the very luxurious to very affordable for backpackers. Tourism has been quite well managed. Expect to have a very good time in Boracay. The beach is stunning.

seafetish
07-17-2009, 05:20 AM
hi david!

it depends what your preferences are. White sand, Boracay is where all the action is- party places, luxurious hotels etc. its got the finest beach sand ive ever laid eyes on. This is where most people are based
divided into 3 parts, station 1's got the best beach less people, expensive. Station 2, affordable, quite busy, the 'business' center, ATMs shops, bars. Station 3- cheapest yet beach is not so good.

i suggest you hire an ATV you can ride this up Mt. luho, the highest peak in boracay. gives you a great viewpoint of the island.

you can also go off the beaten track. my tips:

go to baling hai, a tricycle can send uyou there for only 100 pesos. negotiate for the driver to pick you back. there are no transportation there

chill at Nami, resort. a cliff side resort- gives a great view of white sand (its got an ancient elevator that takes you up the restaurant)

stay at bolabaog beach. beach opposite white sand beach. where kite boarders and other beach sports enthusiasts hang out. same sand less establishments
dead forest - still water pool filled with dead trees practically unknown but locals can point you here its near bolabog

islands: carabao, laurel - got natural caves and good white sands but with limited resources