PDA

View Full Version : Home Made Polarizer

cacamera
06-15-2007, 05:32 AM
When I posted a lightning picture recently, I said I used a home made polarizer. When I explained what it is, people seemed to like it. So I thought I would post it in here. This is how you make the homemade polarizer:
1. Get some old sunglasses that you don't need and an empty paper towel tube.
2. Cut the tube until it's about an inch or two long, just enough to be longer than your lens. Cut the tube again and bend it until it fits tight around your camera lens, then glue the tube back together.
3. Glue one eye of the sunglasses on top of the tube.
Notes: This will probably only work wih compact, non-slr cameras. Try not to get any glue in the middle of the sunglass lens, or else it will mess up your pictures. I will post a link to a workshop that shows a photo of the finished polarizer. I hope this helps.

cacamera
06-15-2007, 05:34 AM
<a href="http://www.trekearth.com/workshops/670603/photo103453.htm">Here's the link to the workshop that shows the polarizer photo.</a>

Emiel_Skyfreak
06-15-2007, 12:07 PM
Nice, will indeed work only for compact camera's. Of you have to have very large sunglasses..maybe you can then..just make a large enough polarizer for a kitlens. For compacts I think this is a good way, what you've done. For a dSLR, you can better just get one, ofcourse.