PDA

View Full Version : Great site

tuc
04-16-2003, 09:37 PM
Hi Adam,

great work in maintaining this site and also for updating it and incorporating people's ideas. The democratic nature of this site and the fact it is not just a beauty peagent is one of the reasons it is such a friendly one, I believe.

I have one idea for future versions and wonder what others think..As well as browsing the gallery I often like to look at people's portfolios as well to follow their link to their favourite pics. It is interesting to see what other people really like. So I wonder if it would be possible in future versions to add a page which has a persons favourite pictures from the site and also a page that has their favourite pics from their own portfolio. Or else it may be better to limit the number of pictures and combine the two ideas on one page. By including one's own pics on the page it would also get away from the element of elitism.

Keep up the good work.

adam
04-16-2003, 11:27 PM
"So I wonder if it would be possible in future versions to add a page which has a persons favourite pictures from the site [...]"

This is available now in each member's Intro page.

"[...] and also a page that has their favourite pics from their own portfolio."

I like this idea and will try to include it eventually.

"Or else it may be better to limit the number of pictures and combine the two ideas on one page."

I'm leaning on having it separate for the moment. And I'd like to get the new system in place before doing this. Thanks for the idea.

BobTrips
04-17-2003, 12:04 AM
I think tuc is suggesting that the thumbnails be displayed.

I think that would be a nice tweak. Lots of us know individual pictures by the thumbnail but not necessarily by the name.

(Hope you've got a great big Good Idea file going somewhere ;o)

adam
04-17-2003, 12:14 AM
"I think tuc is suggesting that the thumbnails be displayed."

The 'favorite' thumbnails are displayed. Am I missing something? For example, to see my favorite photos, check out <a href="/favorites.php?filter=adam&type=photo">http://www.trekearth.com/favorites.php?filter=adam&type=photo</a>.