View Full Version : Great Leica shooter based in Tokyo

06-08-2006, 10:23 AM
Hi all,
I'd like to introduce the work of James Whitlow delano, an American based in Tokyo. He shoots primarily with Leica rangefinders and hand prints all his work in a very distinctive way then posts it on the web. Please look at his China, Japan, Cambodia and Burma work in particular.
There is a luminous quality to his stuff that is quite extraordinary.
I met James once and aassisted him while he shot some available light portraits of our company president, using a Hasselblad and 2 or 3 lenses.
Please let me know what you think...

06-08-2006, 10:57 PM
good stuff, especially his bw, wish the images were a wee bit bigger. I also like the design of his website, at times some go overboard with the fancy multimedia stuff which make the browsing cumbersome, this one is pretty well done.

06-13-2006, 06:39 AM
Je suis vraiment impressionné par son travail. J'ai d'abord pensé qu'il s'agissait d'un fond de vieilles photos avant de lire ta note. Je lis toujours les notes après :)

Je vais me le garder en favori et aller le revoir de temps à autre. J'ai trouvé comme Homerhomer que les photos étaient peut-être trop petites (question de protection des droits ?) et que les détails, même souvent flous, avaient sans doutes leur importance.

Merci pou ce lien.