PDA

View Full Version : Teleconverters for digital camera

Guto
09-22-2003, 07:46 PM
Once again, teleconverters...

Yesterday I discovered that telecons must be something better than my bad experience with it had proved to be, so I am giving this feedback to all of you that may be thinking about buying one (as it is the only option to fixed lens cams).

I tried Canon TC-DC 58 1.8x with my Sony Mavica CD-400 inside a photo store. Used also a 52->58mm ring. There is no vigneting in the 4 last zoom positions (68-102mm) and the image looks good to me, without those chromatic aberrations caused by my telecon. Trouble was that I mesured in the computer two pictures I shot at the same position, one without the telecon, and it seems to be 1.44x actually. Well, my Sony 2x is actually 1.78x...

I didn't buy it, as I was looking for Canon TC-DC 52, that is 2.4x and 52mm, but there isn't one at the shop. But I was glad to see that even a 58mm with adaptor may work well, provided the lens are of good quality and designed for still cams. I'll look for it and give some information as soon as I can.

But next time I want to take some pics at the shop, see them at home in my computer, BEFORE buying it...